Delaware North Sportservice
A special place to work. AN EXTRAORDINARY PLACE TO GROW
Cleveland Sportservice at Progressive Field
Cleveland Sportservice is the proud partner and exclusive food and beverage provider at Progressive Field, one of the most beautiful and unique sports venues in the United States. Progressive Field is the home of Major League Baseball’s Cleveland Indians, one of the original eight charter franchises in the American League, the Indians have won 8 Central Division titles, the most of any team in the division.Located in the Gateway District of downtown Cleveland on the corner of Ontario and Carnegie, Progressive Field raises the bar of excellence for sports and entertainment facilities. Home to the new Corner Bar and Right Field Neighborhoods, Progressive Field offers a unique way to dine at the ballpark.Our associates are talented individuals and are committed to teamwork, hard work and customer service. If you share our vision of creating special experiences one guest at a time®, we want to know you! Candidates must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Under the direction of department manager, ensures effective operations of assigned luxury suites, including training and supervision of suite personnel, in accordance with Company’s Guest Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Trains, supervises and coaches suite attendants, runners and dessert cart attendants for assigned section(s); observes and documents job performance.
- Ensures suite attendants and food runners properly prepare suites for guests; conducts walk-through to check for quality assurance any maintenance issues
- Ensures all food presentation and displays meet company standards
- Ensures food and beverage orders are accurate and arrive in a timely manner
- Ensures responsible alcohol service, reports and documents any violations.
- Maintains high standards of friendly guest service by circulating in assigned sections, greets all guests
- Answers guest questions regarding food preparation or ingredients, service or billing.
- Logs and resolves guest complaints with assistance of department manager and Indians Fan Services (if applicable)
- Ensures that all work stations, pantries and storerooms remain clean and sufficiently stocked; ensures replacement stock is ordered.
- Ensures all sanitation practices are used and Department of Health guidelines are followed; reports safety hazards and repairs items.
- Completes closing duties according to company procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by suite manager
- Pre-event distribution of suite attendant paperwork
- Locking or unlocking of fridges/ cabinets as per directed
- Initial suite walk thru to check for any maintenance issues
- Build a rapport with your suite attendants and runners
- Assist in suite set-up. This may include getting tables, chafers, ice, etc as needed by attendants.
- Ensure all necessary food/beverage/equipment are in suite when requested per the suite order confirmation
- Monitor delivery of cold and hot food to your suites, ensuring all deliveries have been made in the standard time frame
- By being visible in hallway, making yourself accessible to help associates and guests
- Assisting dessert cart attendants and make sure they are working in a timely, efficient manner
- Trouble shooting guest and personnel issues and rectifying them in a timely manner as well as completing any necessary documentation.
- After event, collecting completed paperwork from suite attendants and delivering to the suites office
- Ensure all suite refrigerators and liquor cabinets are locked and secured before leaving the suite level
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year of service experience in a hotel, full service restaurant, catering facility or club environment required; previous supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s Guest Service Standards
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
- Organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently, and courteously in a fast paced and high pressure environment.
- Good leadership and training skills; ability to teach others as well as delegate tasks
- Good communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with guests, and retain and communicate menu information and service preferences
- Able to follow job procedures and manager instructions
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately account for cash and inventory
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for set-up, service and clean up of suite
- Ability to stand and walk for entire length of shift, including walking up and down stairs and lifting as the work duties demand; approximately 7-9 hours
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Variable temperatures – required to move between hot, noisy conditions of kitchen and climate-controlled dining environment
- May be required to work in confined and/or narrow spaces
All candidates are subject to pre-employment background screening at the employer's expense