Department: Ballpark Operations
Job Title: The Refrigeration & Food Service Equipment Mechanic
Reports To: Maintenance
The Refrigeration & Food Service Equipment Mechanic is responsible for performing routine maintenance and repairs on commercial refrigeration & food service equipment. Additionally, they will be charged with developing and maintaining an equipment inventory, creating and implementing a preventive maintenance schedule, and assisting management with the development of capital purchases.
Maintain, service, troubleshoot, repair, and properly charge refrigeration systems according to manufacturer specifications
- Identify, adjust, repair, or replace defective mechanical, electrical, and electronic components on refrigeration and general food service equipment.
- Remove, replace, and properly dispose of system refrigerants, compressor, oil, filter, and dryer
- Estimate and order materials and supplies needed
- Creating and maintaining an inventory and records of all equipment for asset control, maintenance, repair, and replacement purposes.
- Develop & implement a preventive maintenance schedule for all equipment.
- Record keeping in the provided system
- Maintain and account for all tools, parts, equipment, and instruments assigned and properly secured.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of how to maintain, repair, and install refrigeration and food service equipment and use the appropriate gauges, instruments, and tools to test and repair the systems.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in safe operation of power tools, hand tools, oxygen, and acetylene equipment employed in maintenance and repair, including use of volt meter, amp meter, refrigerant charging gauges, vacuum analyzer, vacuum pump, and refrigerant reclaim equipment
- Able to read and interpret documents such as electrical and refrigeration schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manual
- Skilled in properly analyzing and adjusting thermostat, expansion valve, fan cycling control, hot gas and electric defrost controls
- Able to reclaim refrigerant, cut, bend, braze, solder, and connect pipe to functional components on refrigeration system
- Ability to develop, maintain, and implement inventory control, preventive maintenance, and capital replacement schedules. Computer literate with a working knowledge of Word, Excel, Work Order and other general business purpose programs.
Experience & Education
- Minimum three (3) years refrigeration and equipment maintenance and repair experience to include walk-in refrigeration units, reach in refrigerators/freezers, portable warm boxes, beer chillers and cold wells.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Trade School Diploma
- EPA Section 608 Universal Certification or Verifiable Host Country Certification and/or license in Freon Recovery/Recycling
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent the intent to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. I have read and understand that the performance standards outlined above will be used as basis for minimum job performance evaluation.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.