*NOTE: DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR FURTHER INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.
Our High Performance team improves strength and power development, baseball skills, and movement quality for our athletes. They are learning machines who can apply strength programming to solve skill problems and engage deeply with athletes.
In-gym and remotely, we get great results training athletes. Strength, skill, therapy and education are foundational elements of those results.
The Lead High Performance Trainer reports directly to the Director of High Performance to ensure all elements of the athlete experience are being met to the standards upheld at Driveline Baseball. They achieve this by working collaboratively with other trainers and coaches and working daily with our athletes.
We are seeking talented coaches from a variety of backgrounds: strength, pitching, hitting, or manual therapy.
- You are highly engaged every day to help athletes achieve their goals.
- You can apply strength-based solutions to solve skill issues and vice-a-versa.
- You are eager to learn.
- You are able to immediately connect with and assess athletes that will drive their results and their ability to apply it when they leave our gym.
PRIMARY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Facilitating a productive, positive, and high energy gym environment.
- Monitoring athlete workouts and engaging athletes to assess.
- Tracking/Monitoring/Reporting on KPI’s set by the Director of High Performance
- New Employee Training/Onboarding
- Writing workout plans for athletes who will be executing them with and without supervision.
- Working with our research team to continuously improve our training outcomes.
- Experience using or teaching Driveline's programming.
- Administrative duties: scheduling athletes, tracking hours, planning gym time.
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office or Google Docs.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist or equivalent.
- Manage a team of strength coaches and facilitate athlete results for everyone at the facility.
Candidates applying for this position should be able to lift up to 100 pounds unassisted repeatedly throughout the workday. Also, the physical requirements of this job require frequent walking around, demonstrating and assisting with exercise, throwing and hitting movements; bending, throwing, stretching, lifting, pushing, pulling and squatting are movements performed daily.
- Excellent leadership and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent "feel". That mix of empathy, common sense and likability that makes people trust you.
- A history of independent learning.
- Creative solutions to unique training limitations.
- 2+ years of college or professional weight room experience
- Experience creating and iterating on systems involved in player development.
Please make sure to submit your resume and a sample program to us to be able to fully evaluate your skillset.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.