In-gym and remotely, we get great results training athletes. Skill, high performance, therapy and education are foundational elements of those results.
This position is a 6 month coaching internship and reports directly to our Hitting Managers to design and execute hitting programs. They work collaboratively with other trainers and coaches and work daily with our athletes.
We are seeking talented coaches from a variety of backgrounds with knowledge of many disciplines:
- Coaching, high performance and or manual therapy.
- You are highly engaged to help athletes achieve their goals.
- You can apply integrated solutions to solve skill issues.
- You are eager to learn.
- You are able to immediately connect with and assess athletes will drive their results and their ability to apply it when they leave our gym.
- Experience using Driveline's programming, tools and/or any baseball technology is preferred, but not required.
- “You will learn more about baseball development in 6 months here than in the last 6 years”
PRIMARY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Coaching hitters.
- Facilitating a great training environment.
- Monitoring athlete workouts and engaging athletes to assess.
- Writing workout plans for athletes who will be executing them with and without your supervision.
- Athlete education and content creation.
- Working with our research team to continuously improve our training outcomes.
- Administrative duties: scheduling athletes, tracking hours, planning gym time.
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office/Google.
Candidates applying for this position should be able to lift up to 100 pounds unassisted repeatedly throughout the workday. Also, the physical requirements of this job require frequent walking around, demonstrating and assisting with exercise, throwing and lifting movements; bending, throwing, stretching, lifting, pushing, pulling and squatting are movements performed daily.
- Excellent "feel". That mix of empathy, common sense and likability that makes people trust you.
- Excellent leadership and verbal communication skills.
- 1 season of coaching experience for a college or professional baseball team (either baseball or strength and conditioning).
- Experience using Driveline's programming, tools and/or any baseball technology.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist or equivalent.
- A history of independent learning.
- Creative solutions to unique training limitations. Be a problem solver
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Driveline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. For employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities, Driveline provides reasonable accommodation.