High Performance Intern - Driveline Baseball (Kent · WA)
*NOTE: DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR FURTHER INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.
Our High Performance team improves strength and power development, baseball skills, and movement quality for our athletes. They are learning machines who can apply strength programming to solve skill problems and engage deeply with athletes.
In-gym and remotely, we get great results training athletes. Strength, skill, therapy and education are foundational elements of those results.
The High Performance Intern reports directly to our Head of Athlete Performance to ensure all elements of athlete programming work in sync with one another. They achieve this by working collaboratively with other trainers and coaches and working daily with our athletes.
We are seeking talented coaches from a variety of backgrounds: strength, pitching, hitting, or manual therapy.
You are highly engaged every day to help athletes achieve their goals.
You can apply strength-based solutions to solve skill issues and vice-a-versa.
You are eager to learn.
You are able to immediately connect with and assess athletes will drive their results and their ability to apply it when they leave our gym.
You will learn more about baseball development in 6 months here than in the last 6 years.
PRIMARY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Facilitating a great gym environment.
- Monitoring athlete workouts and engaging athletes to assess.
- Writing workout plans for athletes who will be executing them with and without your supervision.
- Working with our research team to continuously improve our training outcomes.
- Create weekly educational talks for training athletes.
- Experience using or teaching Driveline's programming.
- Administrative duties: scheduling athletes, tracking hours, planning gym time.
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office or Google Docs.
- Online/remote training programming of athletes
Candidates applying for this position should be able to lift up to 100 pounds unassisted repeatedly throughout the workday. Also, the physical requirements of this job require frequent walking around, demonstrating and assisting with exercise, throwing and hitting movements; bending, throwing, stretching, lifting, pushing, pulling and squatting are movements performed daily.
- Excellent leadership and verbal communication skills.
- 1 season of coaching experience for a college or professional baseball team (either baseball or strength and conditioning).
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist or equivalent.
- Excellent "feel". That mix of empathy, common sense and likability that makes people trust you.
- A history of independent learning.
- Creative solutions to unique training limitations.
- Experience in at least one programming language (R, Python) preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
If not local to Kent, WA, would you be willing to relocate?
Resume (Please paste text or link):
Why do you want to work at Driveline Baseball?
Describe your experience with Driveline's products, programs, or methods.
Please submit a sample training that you have written. Provide some relevant context on the athlete and what, if any, choices you made when writing it. You may post a link to the program here as well.
Please link any content you have independently created that you believe demonstrates your knowledge as it relates to this position.