This position is open to partial-remote
Driveline Baseball is the premier data-driven baseball player development organization in the world. We train players through state-of-the-art motion capture assessments, physical therapy evaluations, and specialized assessment-retest based pitching, hitting and high performance coaching. We also provide software, hardware and physical good solutions for both in-person and remote training as well as deploy a variety of certifications and educational materials distilling proprietary internal research to the general industry. Our dynamic and growing start-up consists of 50-100 employees.
We are seeking a Director of HR who will play a key role in ensuring the overall happiness, productivity, and well-being of our employees. The Director will lead the human resources department in maintaining an environment of fun intensity, with some initial tasks centered around employee (and especially manager) training, benefits work, and improving on/off boarding processes. A genuine interest in baseball and knowledge of sabermetrics will be a significant advantage, as this aligns with our company's ethos.
- Develop, update, implement, and manage HR policies and procedures (including benefits).
- Keep up-to-date and accurate organizational charts.
- Manage the onboarding and offboarding processes of employees, ensuring a seamless transition.
- Assist finance team with payroll support.
- Conduct bi-yearly peer review processes for all qualified employees.
- Conduct business operation reviews and surveys and track results.
- Lead employee training initiatives
- Act as point of contact for all Human Resources-related inquiries from outside parties
- Maintain and improve HR pipelines, enhancing recruitment strategies and practices.
- Drive employee engagement initiatives, fostering a positive company culture.
- Liaise with the leadership team to strategically plan HR initiatives that will support company growth.
- Oversee compliance with labor laws and regulations.
- Manage employee relations, resolving conflicts and ensuring a harmonious working environment.
- Organize team-building activities and events to boost morale and foster teamwork.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or related field.
- At least five years of experience in an HR role; previous experience in a start-up environment is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR procedures and best practices.
- Familiarity with HR software and tools. (currently using Gusto internally)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience leading group training and education sessions.
- Solid problem-solving abilities and negotiation skills.
- A keen interest in baseball and familiarity with sabermetrics is highly desirable.
If you are a proactive individual who is excited about building the HR function in a highly dynamic, bleeding edge start-up and you share our love for baseball, apply today!
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary ranging from $90,000 to $120,000, depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) plan, paid time off, and bonus.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that is at the tip of the spear in professional sports, where you can make a significant impact on the growth and success of the organization.
- A supportive and collaborative company culture that values your input and ideas.
Location: Kent, WA (Remote considered, in-person strongly preferred)
Salary Range: $90,000 - $120,000 + Benefits (DOE)
Reports to: Vice President of Business Operations
Driveline Baseball is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. For employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities, Driveline Baseball provides reasonable accommodation.