Maintenance II - Detroit Tigers (Detroit · MI)
Detroit Tigers jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Maintenance
The Detroit Tigers are looking for a self-motivated, knowledgeable individual to serve as a member of the Comerica Park maintenance department. This is an hourly union (SEIU Local 1) position without benefits working up to 24 hours per week.
- Powerwashing sidewalks, concourses and seating areas.
- Operating power equipment and hand tools
- Maintaining concourse/ballpark cleanliness, emptying trash cans, replacing trash cans with a new liner, picking up and throwing away trash left in the ballpark and outside perimeter.
- Sweeping/mopping the concourse as necessary; squeegeeing standing water to provide a safe environment for our guests.
- Set up for Detroit Tigers home games and special events as needed.
- Monitor park for safety issues and repairs needed, addressing concerns with supervisor/management.
- This is a part time position working up to 24 hours per week.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, climb, lift, push and pull for long periods of time and be exposed to different types of weather (sometimes extreme weather).
- Must be able to work long hours, days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age.
- Background checks will be performed on all candidates offered a position.
- This position requires membership in the Service Employees International Union Local 1.