Database Administrator - Detroit Tigers (Detroit · MI)
Detroit Tigers jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Technical Services: IT Database Management/Services
In this role you will perform DBA support activities for database environments running in production and test environments. This will include performing database Backups, Recovery, Reorgs, Unloads, Load, database monitoring/tuning, supporting production migrations, and debugging application issues. You will create and maintain our database environments and perform refreshes to database environments to support application testing.
- Provide operational support for all database instances in the organization, including all facets of change management.
- Monitors and optimizes database performance, assuring data integrity.
- Manage data warehouses and accompanying data sources.
- Create and executive queries for utilization in day to day operations and long term planning
- Write documentation, establishing procedures and supporting other team members.
- Communicate and monitor compliance with existing practices.
- Maintain knowledge in state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies.
- Ensure communication with internal staff and vendors is timely, professional, and complete.
- Assist in the development of the design of redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective availability, protection, confidentiality of data, and integrity of data assets.
- Assist in developing methods for integrating unique, less complex to more complex databases and customizing corporate databases to fit specific needs.
- Responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of corporate databases.
- Ensure quality data creation, presentation, and data flow within our systems
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree with computer classes.
- Minimum of one (1) year NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB and Redis) and relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server).
- Strong knowledge of documentation and diagraming skills.
- Evidence of experience with database clustering and replication.
- Solid judgment, analytical and problem solution skills to identify and resolve matters of significance.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various levels of colleagues and public, from top management to new hires.
- Evidence of ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.