2022 Spring Training Internship - Marketing & Promotions - Goodyear Ballpark (Goodyear · AZ)
We’re looking for outgoing, innovative individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and desire to learn. You’ll work hard, but you’ll grow both personally and professionally, and have a lot of fun in the process!
Examples of responsibilities for all internships:
- Participating in the selection, interviewing, hiring and training of game day staff and volunteer
- Participating in conceptual meetings regarding game day logistics, ticketing, marketing and sponsorship
- Assisting with development and execution of game day promotions and sponsorship activations
- Assisting with preparation and execution of ballpark events
- Developing and participating in Promotions Team activities to generate awareness of spring training (i.e. distributing pocket schedules, facilitating mascot appearances at schools and area events, staffing promotional booths)
- Gathering fan data through in-park surveys
- Coordinate marketing outreach efforts including mascot appearances, event booths, radio stations, school visits, etc.
- Coordinate pregame ceremonies and game day presentation (National Anthem performances, presentation of colors, etc.)
- Assist with execution and fulfillment of reading program and related activities
- Assist with managing Facebook, Twitter & Instagram accounts, including idea generation, content development, scheduling calendar, fan contests, monitoring fan engagement and feedback, providing analytic reports
- Create content for website and email campaigns
- Capture digital photos/videos and edit content to create interesting posts
- Pursuing a degree in Sports Management/Marketing, Communications or related field (you MUST be able to receive academic credit for this internship)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, sharp attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
- An idea person, who is adaptable and able to work well with a team to identify solutions and create new opportunities
- Extremely coachable, ambitious and eager to learn every day; must have a sense of humor!
- Understanding of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms
- Proficiency with DSLR cameras and an affinity for photography preferred
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and/or After Effects a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license and successfully pass background check
- Must be able to relocate to the Goodyear, AZ area and provide own housing and transportation
Dates: 1/4/22 through 03/31/22. Must be available Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., evenings, weekends and all game days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
You MUST be able to receive academic credit for this internship. Please provide details on how this internship fits into your degree program, including hours required and number of credits it will fulfill.
What do you want to learn from this experience, in addition to the day-to-day operations of a sports organization or department? We want to make sure that the experience helps build the skills and knowledge necessary to help you get to your career goals. So, specifically, what are you hoping to learn from the experience?
What is your career goal upon completion of your degree? What type of position do you hope to attain upon graduation? Explain in as much detail as possible.
What is your level of proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign? (Provide for each platform)
Please describe your experience with DSLR cameras and photo/video editing software.
What is your plan for housing in the Phoenix/Goodyear, AZ area?
I understand this internship is full time from January through March and I will be available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., evenings, weekends and all game days.