2022 Spring Training Internship - Corporate Partnerships - Goodyear Ballpark (Goodyear · AZ)
We’re looking for outgoing, innovative individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and desire to learn. You’ll work hard, but you’ll grow both personally and professionally, and have a lot of fun in the process!
Examples of responsibilities for all internships:
- Participating in the selection, interviewing, hiring and training of game day staff and volunteer
- Participating in conceptual meetings regarding game day logistics, ticketing, marketing and sponsorship
- Assisting with development and execution of game day promotions and sponsorship activations
- Assisting with preparation and execution of ballpark events
- Developing and participating in Promotions Team activities to generate awareness of spring training (i.e. distributing pocket schedules, facilitating mascot appearances at schools and area events, staffing promotional booths)
- Gathering fan data through in-park surveys
The Corporate Partnerships intern will assist in the management, activation and servicing of corporate partnerships. In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, this intern will:
- Assist with generating sponsorship leads, contracts and fulfilling sponsorship elements
- Assist with generating leads for group tickets
- Assist with planning and executing sponsor-related events (mixer, sponsor appreciation, etc.)
- 3.0 GPA or higher working toward a degree in Sports Marketing, Sports Management or related field (you MUST be able to receive academic credit for this internship)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and resourceful problem-solver
- Valid driver’s license
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must pass background check
- Must be able to relocate to the Goodyear, AZ area and provide own housing and transportation
Dates: 1/4/22 through 03/31/22. Must be available Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., evenings, weekends and all game days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please provide details on how this internship fits into your degree program, including hours required and number of credits.
What is your plan for housing in the Phoenix/Goodyear, AZ area?
What do you want to learn from this experience, in addition to the day-to-day operations of a sports organization or department? We want to make sure that the experience helps build the skills and knowledge necessary to help you get to your career goals. So, specifically, what are you hoping to learn from this experience?
What is your career goal upon completion of your degree? What type of position do you hope to attain upon graduation? Explain in as much detail as possible.
Please describe your experience (if any) working in sports.
Do you have experience in selling or activating sponsorships?
I understand this internship is full time from January through March and I will be available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., evenings, weekends and all game days.