Ticket Operations Intern - Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati · OH)
The Ticket Operations intern will work closely with the Ticket Operations staff in the selling, printing, mailing and execution of single game ticket offers and promotions through Tickets.com ProVenue ticketing system. Candidates should have the ability to interpret and react quickly as situations arise in a fast-paced work environment. Prior customer service and experience handling and reconciliation of cash is preferred. Candidates should be available during normal business hours, some nights, weekends and holidays for at least 25 hours per week beginning May 2021.
- Assist in the processing, printing and distribution of season, group and single game tickets
- Process ticket exchanges in accordance with the Season Ticket Member Exchange policies
- Service and interact with customers on a regular basis to help resolve ticketing questions and concerns
- Support seasonal box office ticket staff
- Assist in the generation of reports
- Utilize automated ticketing system, Tickets.com ProVenue, to process all internal & external ticket requests
- Provide customer service support on game days at box office ticket windows and main lobby
- Assist with administrative tasks for the department, i.e. data entry, updating spreadsheets, general office work
- Aid in the game day preparation of the box office
- Other duties as assigned by Ticket Operations staff
- Available to start May 2021
- Available to work normal business hours, some nights, weekends and holidays for at least 25 hours per week
- Experience processing and handling of cash and/or other payment methods
- Prior experience in customer service/retail environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet applications
- Computerized ticketing experience, specifically with Tickets.com preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; occasionally lift.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment however employee may have “game-day” responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- This is a seasonal, internship opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
- Paid and unpaid internships with the opportunity to earn college credit are available.
- Paid interns are paid the State of Ohio minimum wage rate.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet department productivity standards
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above are, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you have experience working with a computerized ticketing system, ie. Ticketmaster or Tickets.com? Explain
Are you available to work during normal business hours, at least 35 hours a week starting in May 2021 through the regular baseball season?
Do you have previous experience in customer service?