Project Manager - Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati · OH)
Cincinnati Reds jobs
Sports Jobs in Cincinnati · OH
Technical Services: Computer Information Systems
Department: Information Technology – Baseball Data and Development
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Director of Baseball Development
FLSA: Salary, Exempt
Job Purpose: The project manager will be responsible for status reporting, coordination and requirements gathering of multiple software projects for internal stakeholders. Critical for the dissemination if information to the greater org and stakeholders. Frequent connections with different groups on needs for the development team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cross-departmental communication with the Data Systems and Development, Information Technology, Analytics and Baseball Operations staff to understand department needs and develop technical solutions that integrate existing and future applications into the organization’s information systems.
- Leverage your knowledge of current web/software technologies and business applications for organization of the development teams’ tasks.
- Drive the execution of project plans and teamwork assignments and escalate functional/quality/timeline issues appropriately and ensure issue resolution
- Track key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of the project.
- Prepare relevant status reports for stakeholders and upper management.
- Coordinate communication with all areas that impact the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Drive project scheduling, resource allocation and forecasting through the standard project management tools to ensure proper resource allocation.
Experience, Education and Licensure:
- BS degree or equivalent experience in a computational science or technical field.
- A minimum of 1.5 years of experience as a project manager or business analyst.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Proficiency using software development project management tools (Jira, Confluence, GitHub, DevOps) as a project manager.
- Software & requirement gathering experience.
- Enthusiasm fueled by working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving skills and a desire to help accomplish team goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with stakeholders and internal team members with diplomacy and tact.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Remote working accommodations are available, as needed.
- Candidate must be available to work non-traditional hours (various nights, weekends, holidays).
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meet Department productivity standards.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?