CHARLESTON PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL COMPANY, LLC.
The Warehouse Worker is responsible for assisting in venue distribution/warehouse operations including inventory, receiving, purchasing, ordering, lay-ins, purchase order tracking, clean-up, transfers and equipment maintenance. This is a key position for the effective and profitable operation of the business. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which includes evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and independent decision-making skills are required.
This is a part-time seasonal position. The season runs from April through mid-September, and this employee is expected to work most of the baseball games (60+ games per year) and any other events held at the facility over the course of the year. This schedule varies and includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting with product receiving and distribution control for the venue.
- Maintain sanitation and organizational systems of all warehouse storage areas.
- Fulfills all event expectations including but not limited to requisitioning during events, post-event break down, warehouse returns, equipment storage, sanitation and maintenance.
- Oversee and ensure that appropriate stocking levels are met for each event; rotate and maintain integrity of product.
- Ensure proper transfer process of product between locations, including follow-up documentation.
- Conduct walk through of the commissary, warehouse and storage areas after the completion of the day to ensure all areas are clean.
- Retrieve pull sheets from each location at end of game and stock for the upcoming game.
· Adhere to CPBC Policies and Procedures
· Represent CPBC in a professional manner both inside and outside the organization
· Perform duties as workload necessitates
· Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
To perform this job successfully, candidate must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate must have a strong work ethic and a burning desire to build a career in professional sports.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be 16 or over
- Three or more months’ experience in food service industry preferred
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to learn to handle cash and learn to operate a cash register and corresponding system
- Excellent interpersonal skills & a friendly, positive attitude with co-workers, managers, volunteers & guests.