CHARLESTON PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL COMPANY, LLC.
SUITE WAITER / WAITRESS
The Suite Waiter / Waitress assists the Concessions Supervisors and Managers in providing Suites guests with a pleasant experience. The Suite Waiter / Waitress is primarily responsible for setting the Suite up with appropriate preordered and complimentary food and beverage items and serving equipment before the guests arrive. Following the event the Suite Waiter / Waitress will clear away any remaining food and equipment restoring Suites for the next game day.
This is a part-time seasonal position. The season runs from March through mid-September, and this employee is expected to work most of the baseball games (60+ games per year) and any other events held at the facility over the course of the year. This schedule varies and includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists Concessions Supervisors and Managers in serving meals to guests in the suites.
· Responsible for observing guests to respond to any additional requests and determine when the meal has been completed.
· Must have effective communication skills with Guest and Staff
· Responsible for cleaning up remaining food product and equipment after the guests have left.
· Responsible for keeping the Suite work areas and equipment clean.
· Responsible for setting up the Suite with preordered and complimentary food and beverage product and take game day orders.
· Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
· Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
· Be able to learn menu items and be able to describe them appropriately to guests
· Adhere to CPBC Policies and Procedures
· Represent CPBC in a professional manner both inside and outside the organization
· Perform duties as workload necessitates
· Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
To perform this job successfully, candidate must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate must have a strong work ethic and a burning desire to build a career in professional sports.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be 16 or over
- Three or more months’ experience in food service industry preferred
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to operate a cash register and corresponding system
- Excellent interpersonal skills & a friendly, positive attitude with co-workers, managers, volunteers & guests.