CHARLESTON PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL COMPANY, LLC.
The Cook is responsible for preparing menu items utilizing cooking equipment in a fast-paced environment. The Cook must adhere to high food quality standards to ensure guest satisfaction. Portion control, food waste and sanitation are additional areas that the Cook must be aware of while operating in the kitchen.
This is a part-time seasonal position. The season runs from May through mid-September, and this employee is expected to work most of the baseball games (66 games per year) and any other events held at the facility over the course of the year. This schedule varies and includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for cooking and packaging food product which is prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Receives verbal orders from the front counter staff for food product requirements for guest orders.
- Responsible for maintaining quality and production standards on all menu items. Food must be fresh and of high quality when served to the guests.
- Responsible for portion control and serving temperatures of all products served in the concession stand.
- Responsible for cleaning, stocking and restocking of workstations and displays.
- Responsible for making sure food stored in fridge is stored in correct accordance with Health Department.
- Responsible for operating large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers and ovens.
- Ensures that all work areas and equipment are clean, food products are properly stored, utensils are clean and put away and floor is swept and mopped at end of shift. The Cook must be checked out before ending the shift by the Floor Supervisor to ensure the concession stand meets cleanliness standards and all cooking equipment is turned off.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
- Should know the menu thoroughly and should be able to make each dish on the menu.
· Adhere to CPBC Policies and Procedures
· Represent CPBC in a professional manner both inside and outside the organization
· Perform duties as workload necessitates
· Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
To perform this job successfully, candidate must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate must have a strong work ethic and a burning desire to build a career in professional sports.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate if required by state and federal regulations.
- Must be able to get Food Handlers Card in a timely manner