HomePlate Catering and Hospitality jobs
Sports Jobs in BRIDGEWATER · NJ
Food and Beverage: Food/Beverage Management
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of hospitality quick service areas including concessions stands, portables and subcontractors. The director of operations will assist with the hiring, training and scheduling of staff. All supervisors and game day staff will report to the director of operations.
- Ensure unit is compliant with company policies and standards at all times in all facets of the food and beverage industry.
- Purchase items and supplies to be used in areas, working with VP/GM and AGM to schedule and place orders.
- Perform Inventory Control of all items and supplies within area.
- Work with HR and AGM to prepare schedule of team members.
- Perform F&B and Labor Cost control including spoilage reports and labor forecast reports.
- Teach, supervise, direct all team members so operational needs (financial,
staffing, product, uniforms, etc.) are met on a daily basis.
- Work with supervisors to ensure that inventory stand sheets and event closing procedures using POS and current operating management platform are completed accurately.
- Interact with facility personnel to obtain operational needs (security, cleaning, maint., etc.).
- Assist HR in developing training standards for alcohol service, customer service, safety, harassment, etc.
- Assist VP/GM and AGM in sales and labor forecasting.
- Work with AGM to determine appropriate par and prep levels of food and beverage for all events in a timely manner.
- Work with AGM to oversee internship program and scheduling of interns during season.
- Work with AGM to develop cleaning, opening setup, and winterization lists using current management platform for all areas during preseason, in season and post season.
- Work with WH Lead on distribution, transferes and purchasing decisions in line with company required and “best” practices using POS system.
- Develop new and innovative seasonal and weekly special menu items for concessions areas.
- Work with AGM to ensure the POS system in all areas is operating at maximum efficiency.
- Work with AGM to complete end of season product returns and all end of season reports.
- Work with Patriots team on sponsorship and promotions.
- Assist accounting team with event reconciliation and accounts payable/receivable.
- Supervise period end inventory process and troubleshoot when problems arise.
- Attend and assist on employee counseling, grievances and issue meetings.
- Anticipate needs and develop solutions and provide quality guest service.
- Minimize legal liability and conform to the regulations of the alcohol beverage authority.
- Implement and enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchens and/or cooking areas.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Associates degree.
- Experience with fast food and/or concessions and management of multiple facilities/locations.
- Excellent communication and time-management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft, Word and Excel software.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- TEAM and ServSafe Certification preferred.
- Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, and excessive noise.
- Requires occasional lifting of up 50 pounds in weight.
- Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to meet the following requirements with reasonable accommodation:
- Push and Pull equipment such as: hot boxes, speed racks, flat beds, wire carts the distance of up to .4 miles
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to grasp and apply pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. (Example serving and or removing a plated meal)
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. and carry it 20 feet
- Ability to physically walk approximately one-fourth (¼) of a mile and the circumference of the unit several times a day
- While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to withstand moderate to high noise level
- Employee must have ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to multitask in an office setting
- Ability to operate telephone and to talk and/or hear in a food & beverage setting (noise level is moderate)
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis
- Ability to, grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach and lift overhead
- Ability to operate a desktop computer
- Ability to access and produce information from a computer
- Ability to understand written information
- Other lifting or physical requirements as added from time to time, or as required to perform the essential functions of this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have housing in the Bridgewater, NJ area for the baseball season?