The Long Island Ducks are looking for an assistant groundskeeper to work hand in hand with the head groundskeeper. This is a seasonal position that will end at the completion of the 2018 season.
Job Summary: To assist the Head Groundskeeper in the maintenance of the field and aspects of the ballpark. To ensure that the field is safe, playable and aesthetically pleasing to players and fans.
- Ideal candidate will have an Associates or Bachelor's degree in Sports Turf Management or a related field.
- 1-2 years previous experience maintaining a baseball field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of the field and surrounding areas
- Upkeep with equipment and its safe operation
- Assist in rain game procedures
- Maintain player relations to ensure their safety
- Safely perform all duties and responsibilities
- Work with supervisor to obtain goals
- Will include working other events (concerts, camps, high school/college games, etc.).
- Must be positive and enthusiastic about working for the Long Island Ducks and with the players
- Must be professional, courteous, and friendly when dealing with fans and other staff members.
- Must be able to work together as a team with other staff members and other departments.
- Must be willing to assist and assume other reasonable tasks as the need arises.
- Must have the ability to effectively adapt to work environment that is in constant change due to weather.
Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 70 lbs.). Must have the ability to maneuver quickly and easily under changeable situations. Ability to quickly pull tarps and other related equipment on and off field. Ability to safely operate lightweight vehicles.
Assistant must be able to work long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Submit detailed cover letter and resume with application.