The Lancaster Barnstormers are members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, the highest level of professional baseball other than the Major Leagues. Since the league’s inception in 1998, over 30 million fans have attended an Atlantic League game in one of the league’s state-of-the-art ballparks. Located in downtown Lancaster, PA, we are looking for candidates who have a drive for excellence, a passion for their work, and an interest in a career in the sports industry.
The Stadium Operations Intern will participate in the execution of all operations and events held at Clipper Magazine Stadium. He/She will assist in set-up and teardown for each event. He/She will assist in management of game day and seasonal staff during all events. The Stadium Operations Intern will work closely with the Stadium Operations team to complete projects as necessary. He/She will help coordinate cleanliness and maintenance of the facility. This includes but is not limited to, HVAC units, plumbing units, electrical units, and cleaning operations. He/She will work under the Stadium Operations Director to ensure the facility is ran safely and efficiently. He/She will assist with the Stadium Operations Team in the management of the day-to-day operations, repairs, and maintenance of the facility. He/She will assist the Stadium Operations Director with on field preparation for games/events as needed.
Facility Operations Duties Include:
- Help identify areas of improvement thoughout the facility
- Under supervision, perform routine maintenance/inspections at Clipper Magazine Stadium
- Work closely with cleaning crew to ensure the stadium is immaculate for each game/event
- Tasks such as painting, replacing light bulbs, ceiling tiles, fixing/identifying leaks are common practice
- Perform minor construction projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Use of ladders and power tools/ equipment
Event Operations Duties Include:
- Responsible for game day set-up and teardown
- Responsible for non-game day events set-up and teardown
- Perform all duties and tasks related to game/event operations
- Assist Marketing and Sales team with all operational needs
- Placement of signs
- Event assistance
- Perform routine maintenance at Clipper Magazine Stadium including:
- Outside grounds/Lawn area
- Suite Level
- Office/Lower Level
- Kids Park
- Must be able to work long hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must live in the Lancaster, PA area
- Bachelor's degree in Sports Management or related field preferred
- Previous experience working in stadium/arena setting
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, climb ladders, pull tarp and work on foot for long periods of time
- Goal oriented and organized individual
- Must be able to interact with customers, fans and staff members daily on a professional level, with exceptional customer service in mind.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.