The Lancaster Barnstormers at Clipper Magazine Stadium are looking for a Concessions Intern for the 2023 summer season. Please note, this is an unpaid internship for the purpose of the sports and entertainment industry experience. The Concessions Intern is an internship focused on learning the ins-and-outs of the Food and Beverage industry and how critical of a role it plays in the fan experience. Throughout the course of the summer baseball season, you will learn different aspects of what it takes to manage a F&B operation. The intern will work closely with the Concessions Manager to ensure the smooth operation of the concession stands during games and any events that require concessions during the time of the internship. This internship is designed to give interns a first-hand experience of the food and beverage industry and teach them how it operates within the sports and entertainment industry.
· In charge of tracking inventory according to management guidelines
· Assist management in ordering products on a weekly basis
· Assist in running sales reports through our POS system
· Receive product deliveries and ensure all product is allocated properly
· Help prepare menu items before gameday as needed
· Ensure that all kiosks get up and running and check on them periodically
· Assist management with whatever miscellaneous help they need such as restocking, giving cashiers or food runners breaks, cleaning, etc.
· Handing out opening and closing checklists to seasonal staff and collecting them at the end of the game
· Handle other duties as assigned
· The desire to learn about management in the food and beverage industry
· Prior work experience in the food and beverage industry is ideal, but not required by any means. We will teach you everything you need to know and then some
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time during gamedays
· Professionalism, friendliness, and a strong work ethic – especially when faced with guest interactions
· Strong time management, communication, and organizational skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Strong creative, written, and verbal skills
· Able to maintain a flexible work schedule
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.