The High Point Rockers are seeking a Broadcast Assistant/Intern for the remainder of the 2023 season. This role will be responsible for helping the Broadcast Operations Manager with day-to-day tasks that will help enhance our broadcast and also will receive opportunities to do play-by-play on a select number of innings throughout the season, based upon prior experience. Applicants for this position must be local/within driving distance of High Point, NC. Any applicants not in the High Point area will NOT be considered, as this is an unpaid internship.
- Help distribute stat packs and other media materials to clubhouses, press box and visiting broadcast booth.
- Occasionally assist with the creation of game notes.
- Serve as the No. 2 broadcaster on home broadcasts when available, with the opportunity for play-by-play based upon experience level.
- Help maintain press box cleanliness (trash, re-stock fridge, vacuum, etc.).
- Expected to assist with other baseball and stadium related duties when required.
- Work schedule would be flexible based upon Rockers game schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, broadcasting, or related field required OR current college student pursuing a degree in related field.
- Prior experience in baseball is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must maintain professional relationships with team staff, players, media, and league officials.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, is preferred.
- A link to a baseball demo reel (no longer than 10 minutes)
- 2-3 references
- Position would start as early as June 1st.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.