SOMERSET PATRIOTS BASEBALL CLUB
DIRECTOR OF GROUP SALES
The Somerset Patriots of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball are seeking a Director of Group Sales to generate revenue through selling group tickets, season tickets, and sponsorships. The Director of Group Sales will also run the day-to-day operations of the Somerset Patriots Group Sales Department.
Responsibilities for a sales position include:
- Running the day to day operations of the Somerset Patriots Group Sales Department
- On going solicitation of corporations and organizations through cold calling and face to face appointments for the purpose of creating new business
- Creating new business leads
- Work and perform assigned event night duties at all Patriots Home Games and other Ballpark events as assigned
- Work with Senior Management to develop new and creative ways to market Somerset Patriots Group Ticket Packages and provide support and leadership to the sales staff on how to execute those plans
- Help manage the sales team, track sales inventory and budgets, and take a lead in weekly sales meetings
- Be available to work Non-Patriots events at the ballpark as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
Minimum of 3-5 years of outside sales experience (preferably in the sports industry, and this does NOT include retail sales experience)
- Experience selling season ticket packages and group packages at any level of professional sports is a must
- Ability to solicit new business on an on going basis through cold calling and face to face appointments
- Ability to create professional sales proposals
- Ability to execute presentations on a sales call
- Knowledge of and experience with promotional sales, corporate sponsorship, advertising & special events is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, organizational and computer skills
- A flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience organizing and leading sales meetings with a staff
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a base salary plus commissions. 401 K Plan and Health Benefits are also available.
No Phone calls Please.