Staten Island Entertainment (SIE) is in search of a full time Marketing Manager to oversee all aspects of marketing and engagement for the newly formed Staten Island FerryHawks expansion franchise in the Atlantic League. The team will plays its games at Staten Island University Hospital Community Park. SIE will operate the baseball team and plan entertainment and community events at the stadium as well as local and amateur sports.
This is the chance to help build the brand of a dynamic franchise that intends to operate in both the sports and entertainment field in the great NYC borough of Staten Island.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Works with staff and appropriate constituent groups to identify and implement public relations policies and goals of the Ferry Hawks.
- Assist in the management of Ferry Hawks website, including staff contributions, page layout and design.
- Work with Ferry Hawks leadership to create and implement marketing & advertising plan
- Plans, executes, and organizes year-round grass roots marketing efforts to promote Ferry Hawks Baseball and organization initiatives.
- Design artwork for marketing materials and print advertising.
- Collaborates with communications and the social media and Marketing Team to successfully plan and execute and monitor content for all Ferry Hawks social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public/media relations, communications or equivalent, and relevant, experience.
- 2-5 years of post-graduate experience in journalism, marketing, sports information, media relations or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Highly developed verbal and written communications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and/or video editing products (Final Cut Pro, Elements)
- Ability to collaborate with other departments as well as outside organizations and constituents.
- Ability to prioritize projects, manage time efficiently, handle details and follow several projects simultaneously to conclusion.
- Experience in the baseball and/or sport background is a valuable qualification, although not required.