The Lancaster Barnstormers are members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, the highest level of professional baseball other than the Major Leagues. Since the league’s inception in 1998, over 30 million fans have attended an Atlantic League game in one of the league’s state-of-the-art ballparks. Located in downtown Lancaster, PA, we are looking for candidates who have a drive for excellence, a passion for their work, and an interest in a career in the sports industry.
This is an unpaid position for college credit during the Summer of 2020. (May-Sept)
Graduation date of 2020, 2021, 2022 encouraged to apply.
The Group Fulfillment Associate will work closely with the Sales Team to assist with all processing and fulfillment of group orders for games and non-baseball events. The individual will receive hands-on training of the team's online ticketing system.
- Entering and editing contracts in the ticketing system and distributing copies to the appropriate Sales Representative
- Processing payment information in a timely manner
- Data entry of group sales information for the team's internal revenue tracking records
- Printing tickets and delivering them to the appropriate Sales Representative or mailing directly to the client as requested
- Assist with event day setup of group sales areas
- Assist in the box office, as needed, with individual ticket sales
- Handle other duties as assigned
- Professionalism, friendliness and a strong work ethic
- Strong time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- The ability to supply excellent customer service to all clients and fans
- Able to maintain a flexible work schedule
Time Frame/Work Schedule (May - Sept 2019)
Interns are expected to begin their internship at the beginning of their Summer Semester and are expected to stay throughout the duration of the semester. Hours are full time (30+) and may vary based on game schedule and regular non-game day office hours. This includes nights, weekends, and holidays. Interns will be required to sign a document with specific start and end dates prior to beginning their internship. No vacations will be permitted during the term.
Candidates must live within commuting distance or have housing in the Lancaster area. Intern Candidate’s resumes will be reviewed once submitted. Interviews will take place in December/January/February and will be held on site at Clipper Magazine Stadium in Lancaster, PA.