Job Title Director of Stadium Operations
Department Stadium Operations
Supervisor Assistant General Manager – Operations
Working Condition Status: Full Time
Working Business Days: Monday through Friday
Hours Per Day: 8+
Hours Per Week: 40+
Scope of Game Days: Be available to work all home games on a basis that insures client needs are being achieved.
Other Events: Required participation as necessary in on-site/off-site team and company functions.
- Stadium Operations Manager
- Operations Interns
- Parking Game Day Staff
- Can change directions quickly and frequently
- Likes teamwork, but can work independently day-to-day
- Can plan/manage/execute complex projects with strict deadlines
Physical Demands: As a member of the Stadium Operations department, this position will require frequent walking, standing, climbing, lifting or carrying of equipment and materials. This role will require the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. This role may involve situations in close quarters, high and precarious places, and with moving mechanical parts.
The Director of Stadium Operations is a visible leadership position responsible for executing key Club priorities including successful execution of all stadium operations/maintenance, driving bottom line performance, elevating customer service and retaining and growing personnel. This position plays an integral part in maintaining and protecting Constellation Field as a facility, along with the Sugar Land Skeeters brand and reputation.
The Director of Stadium Operations is directly responsible for the maintenance and general operation of Constellation Field. The strategy and execution of the manner in which this is achieved is to be action-based, creative, focused, organized and responsive.
This individual will work directly with the Assistant General Manager – Operations, President and Ownership to develop and execute the Club’s stadium operation plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Annually create a draft budget and plan for the facility operations department. This position is directly responsible for providing a standard operational excellence within the defined budget. Specific duties related to the budget include but are not limited to:
- Meet with the Director of Finance periodically to ensure budgets are maintained.
- Provide regular reports, short-range and long-range detailing budget forecasting.
- Provide back-up documentation to budget line items from time to time.
2. Facility Operations – Maintenance/Supply
Maintain the stadium in manner that insures a fiscally responsible high standard of operational excellence. Develop and log all maintenance preformed on the property. Develop solutions for solving all stadium maintenance issues and making sure work is done within the constraints of the budget. Specific duties related to the facility operations include but are not limited to:
- Implement and maintain routine maintenance inspections.
- Maintain and inspect all systems in the stadium including fire alarm, security alarm, elevators, electrical systems, HVAC systems, plumbing systems, elevators, sprinkler systems and emergency power systems.
- Coordinate all aspects of stadium cleaning; Develop and execute third-party cleaning contract in manner that achieves standard excellence.
- Coordinate the fiscally responsible purchases supplying the cleaning company and facility manager with all products necessary to operate the facility. When possible, facilitate deals with vendors to provide product (and sponsorship associated).
- Ordering product and maintaining inventories on all consumable products.
- Work with Vice President of Events to coordinate cleaning, maintenance issue that occur on non-gamedays. In situations of overlap, the Director of Stadium Operations is ultimately responsible for the facility.
3. Facility Operations – Staff
Recruit, hire, train and supervise designated staff. Insure that each staff member under your supervision provides the optimal representation of a professional organization and operational excellence skill set. Specific examples include but are not limited to:
- Conduct regular reviews including annual performance reviews.
- In charge of hiring parking game day and hourly staff.
- In charge facilitating all HR documentation required to assist Finance Director and HR.
- Scheduling parking game day staff during the season
4. Facility Operations – External Governing Bodies
Maintain working relationship with external organizations providing oversight or service to the stadium. Relationship with these organizations should be strategic, organized and documented.
- Serve as main point of contact with Fire Marshal.
- Act as main point of contact for all emergency responders at the stadium.
- Develop and maintain safety plans for the facility.
- Develop and maintain emergency plans for the facility.
- Responsible for compliance with all Federal, State, City and County codes as relate to the general operation of the facility.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Stadium Operations Manager, or similar role desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a managerial role preferred.
- Proven project management experience, along with liaising and coordinating with external and internal customers to deliver results professionally, efficiently and within budget restraints.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.