The High Point Rockers are a new expansion team in the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball (ALPB), commencing play in the brand-new BB&T Point Stadium in spring 2019. This exciting venture provides a wealth of opportunity for the right individual(s) to begin/continue their career in sports on the ground floor. The ALPB and High Point Rockers are committed to providing family-friendly, affordable entertainment, while also showcasing top-caliber talent both on and off the field.
Responsible for maintaining all accounting, record keeping, and administrative functions of the High Point Rockers. Candidate must be well organized, energetic, enthusiastic, and the ability to prioritize and show attention to detail in a fast-paced, stressful environment. This is a full-time position beginning in January 2019.
Reports Directly To: President and/or General Manager
- Cash handling to assist with the reconciliation of Game Day cash and creating bank deposits
- Management and reconciliation of the extremely active petty cash fund
- Monitor and maintain the ATM activity in BB&T Point, the home of the Rockers
- Data entry of accounts payable (AP) invoices; matching AP checks to back-up for accounting approval; mailing signed checks and filing back-up for audit records; etc.
- Maintain and produce payments for monthly recurring charges
- Identify where to accrue for North Carolina Sales/Use Tax on vendor invoices
- Data entry of accounts receivable (AR); billing sponsorship invoices; keying sponsorship and non-AR cash deposits; filing back-up for audit records; etc.
- Deposit (AR) checks in the bank account, apply payments towards their associated invoice in accounting software; etc.
- Review and maintain the AR Aging weekly for outstanding accounts and adhere to the AR process; mail out monthly customer statements; etc.
- Reconcile and review daily ticket reports
- Assist with Human Resources, employee files, and banking operations
- Other tasks within the realm of Minor League Baseball as assigned by the President or General Manager
- Degree or Certificate in Accounting, Finance, or other related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with accounting and payroll operations
- Experience using QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated in a team-oriented business
- Ability to work extended hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Adhere to the highest standards of confidentiality and discretion in all business, financial, and employee matters
- Based on Experience and capabilities
- Health Insurance program available
- Bonus and incentive options
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.