*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Sous Chef is responsible for serving guests quality food and beverage following the company’s standard recipes. The Sous Chef will prepare and cook meats, soups and sauces and supervise all other aspects of the food and beverage operation. The Sous Chef is responsible for the training of all kitchen staff.
The Sous Chef must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
- Responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of kitchen staff to include creating a positive work environment for all staff members.
- Displays knowledge of culinary preparation skills and teaches others proper preparation and food presentation.
- Assists in the control of food and labor costs.
- Conducts regular inspections of all locations to assure cleanliness and maintenance meet company standards.
- Assists with monthly inventory.
- Responsible for providing high quality, fresh food products in a timely manner for delivery to guests.
- Prepares hot and cold foods following company recipes and portioning requirements.
- Participates as a team player with specific responsibilities as related to preparation, excellent service and delivery of product.
- Responsible for reporting any maintenance required for kitchen equipment.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Responsible for observing and testing foods to ensure proper cooking.
- Responsible for portioning, arranging and garnishing food plates for delivery to guests.
- Responsible for consulting with Executive Chef and managers to plan menus and estimate expected food consumption.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
- Professional training through a culinary education or working in a fast-paced fine dining restaurant/catering facility required. Previous experience working in a supervisory capacity in a kitchen required.
- Experience levels for position include a 2 year Culinary degree or a 3 year A.C.F. apprenticeship and/or 2 years previous experience as a Sous Chef and/or related experience.
- Must have various experience levels in volume feeding, ala carte, fine dining, catering, baking and pastry, and purchasing storage and handling
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of staff.
- Up to date knowledge of M.S.D.S. Criteria Procedures, Safety Guidelines, First Aid/C.P.R., Environmental Health Codes, Local, State and Federal Guidelines.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Well skilled in all technical and sanitary aspects of food preparation and presentations
- Ability to supervise kitchen staff.
- Able to operate standard kitchen equipment to including the broiler, steamer, convection oven, mixer, meat slicer and chef knife.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate if required by state and federal regulations.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.