*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Under general supervision, the Sales Coordinator provides assistance and administrative support to the Sales Department, Senior Sales Manager and Sales Managers; assists in coordinating the licensing of space and booking of events for the facility.
Santa Clara Convention Center is strategically located in the heart of Silicon Valley, a prime location for conventions, trade shows and exhibitions. The Santa Clara Convention Center is minutes from hotels, restaurants, Levi’s Stadium, California’s Great America Theme Park, and many of the largest and most influential technology companies in the world, with easy access to freeways and Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport and only 45 miles south of San Francisco. The Convention Center features 100,000 square feet of exhibit space, a 22,400 square foot ballroom, 31 breakout rooms and a 607seat theater and attracts over 350,000 visitors annually. The facility is an integral economic component of Santa Clara, generating economic benefits through attendee direct and indirect spending and sustaining over 500 local jobs.
- Represent the facility to potential facility users; respond to inquiries regarding facility use and send out marketing/rental materials; assist facility users in finalizing booking arrangements including preparation of proposals and contracts as well as collection of deposits
- Assist Sales Managers in the preparation of event license agreements, addendums, and related correspondence; review documents for completeness and accuracy; assist in following up with facility users regarding deposits, insurance, and other related license agreement
- Assist Sales Managers in updating facility user contact and account information, blocking meeting space and other event booking information in the computerized event booking and management
- Create and maintain event files; distribute and reconcile all event folders and respective checklists for Sales, Event Services and Finance Departments
- Run, prepare, and distribute weekly, Bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly reports for the
- Represent the department at weekly meetings.
- Update the event calendar on facility website, in-house posters; prepare various reports &
- Coordinate client welcome gift program
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer
- Maintain and update office records and general administrative support to allow optimal functionality of office.
- Assist in execution of sales and marketing campaigns, client entertainment events and on-site event assistance as needed.
- Assist with hotel room requests to the TID on behalf of the SCCC.
- Network, research, and cold call potential clients to create new business opportunities.
- Track sales and devise plans to reach annual goals Utilize the CRM system to track and increase sales.
- Promote upcoming events and availability to potential, existing and past clients. Respond to inquiries on availability, pricing, and locations. Negotiate deal terms and pricing.
- Keep online and website event calendar current.
- Represent venue to potential clients conducting facility tours, answers questions regarding venue logistics and event operations.
- Perform other duties as
- Minimum of two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in an administrative support position, preferably in a sales capacity at a hotel, event venue, convention center or related meeting industry roles
- Ability to communicate clearly, accurately, and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing, type at a speed necessary for successful job
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively resolve workload
- Learn and understand the operation of a convention center and apply that knowledge to continually improve.
- Complete basic arithmetic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) either manually or by operating a
- Basic knowledge of vendor management and coordination, hotels, catering, AV, and IT
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility and corporate staff, potential clients, and facility
- Meet specific targets and goals as discussed with and approved by your supervisor(s)
- Work as needed on a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended workdays, and extended numbers of
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply