The Operations Coordinator supervises and directs the day-to-day operations of the facilities and oversees conversions. The position provides leadership and direction to part-time staff about building policy and procedures.
- Oversees the operation of all event changeovers, i.e. ice conversions, basketball floor, stage risers, chairs, and signs
- Performs operation of machinery, including Zamboni, forklift, pallet jacks, scrubbers, floor buffers, and mechanical lifting devices.
- Assign work activities, monitor work flow, identify and resolve common operational issues
- Review and understand event documents to forecast staffing and equipment needs for all events and ice rink activities.
- Oversee and monitor changeover crews, provide team support as required.
- Schedule appropriate changeover crew for a large group of employees accurately and efficiently and adjust/notify employees of updates / changes as necessary
- Interview, select, train, coach, and evaluate part time and temporary staff
- Ensure staff is working safely and are aware of proper safety guidelines
- Maintain an accurate record keeping system for inventory management
- Maintains departmental equipment; notify Senior Operations Manager when repairs are needed
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients to provide a positive employee environment
- High school diploma or GED is required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in an operations position in an arena, convention center, public assembly facility or similar location; with knowledge of set up/ and event coordination
- A degree in Facility Management or related field may be substituted for years of experience
- Possess superior interpersonal and strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, handle multiple tasks at one time, meet deadlines
- Must be self-motivated with strong leadership abilities and organizational skills
- Ability to follow written instruction, interpret AutoCAD drawings and blueprints
- Candidates must be able to follow orders explicitly, be capable of working as part of a team, and be able to work well with other individuals. Candidates should be able to work alone if required, and be able to complete tasks up to and including final clean up and putting tools and supplies back to their assigned storage areas.
- Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended number of days
- Previous Zamboni experience is a plus
- Forklift certification is a plus