This position provides optimal operation and cleanliness of the ice plant refrigeration. Outside of these responsibilities, the position fulfills all other Engineering roles and duties as assigned.
Scheduled to open in September of 2019, the St Louis Community Ice Center is a 4-sheet ice complex, with three indoor and one outdoor NHL-sized rinks which will serve as a hub of youth and amateur sports activity and as a place where the community can come together. It will be the official training and practice facility for the St Louis Blues and home to other local hockey programs, including Lindenwood University, the St Louis Blues Alumni, AAA Blues, and the Lady Cyclones. In addition to hockey and skating programs, games and tournaments, the outdoor rink will convert to a 5,000-seat concert venue and will also be used for community events and programming.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Maintain optimal operation and cleanliness of Ice plant including but not limited to: Adapting plant operation to building needs; recording and keeping adequate supplies in stock
- Maintain ice at NHL/AHL caliber level including resurfacing, edging and maintaining depth
- Maintain safe and playable boards and glass by inspecting and repairing boards/kick plates, glass poles and all doors
- Monitoring and regenerating de-ionized water systems by recording pH levels daily
- Keeping adequate supplies in stock and regenerate system with proper use of safety equipment
- Inspect and maintain ice equipment daily, monthly and annually
- Coordinate with blade sharpener to schedule blade sharpening’s
- Operate Zamboni and other ice equipment
- Schedule part time staff for ice maintenance (games, practices, Disney on Ice, etc)
- Oversees the operation, maintenance and repair of plant equipment and auxiliary systems; recommends operational methods and procedures
- Operates diesel powered electrical generator to provide emergency electrical power during power outages or curtailment
- Participates in the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment, minor electrical and plumbing repairs to expedite the return of equipment or auxiliary systems to operational status
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment and auxiliary systems; oils and lubricates fans, motors, pumps and generators, cleans screens, strainers, burners and automatic controls
- Track daily productivity via allocation sheets, daily logs and micro main.
- Communicate arrival, location and departure with lead Engineer
- Clearly, effectively and timely communicate work issues with staff
- Blows down the boilers to lower the concentration of suspended and dissolved solids of the water and to check the low water cutoff and automatic controls.
- Makes chemical tests of boiler feed water to determine its’ alkalinity, chlorides, hardness and pH level, and to prevent scaling, pitting of boiler tubes and buildup of sludge deposits.
- Repairs boilers, water pumps, fans and motors and replaces defective parts in accordance with provisions of prescribed preventative maintenance.
- Provide timely and effective communication with management and staff on building needs
- Performs some, but less than the full range of supervisory functions
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients
- Must possess overall knowledge of Cimco ice plant refrigeration package
- Demonstrated knowledge in all aspects of ice construction, maintenance, and demolition
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Possession of, or ability to attain, a valid drivers license
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have availability to work long hours, nights, weekends and holidays
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER