*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Spectra is searching for an Events Manager for our operation at Dallas Fair Park, located in Dallas, TX.
The Event Manager will manage every aspect of their assigned events from the advance planning stages through the end of the event; hire, train, schedule and supervise all event staff; oversee building security and interact with local public safety officials to ensure events run smoothly; coordinate communication between event staff/security and delegate assignments; be responsible for and ensure overall customer and lessee satisfaction and experience.
Dallas Fair Park covers 277 acres just east of downtown Dallas. Its cultural, educational, and sporting facilities play host to more than 4 million people annually. Dallas Fair Park hosts more than 1200 activities and events each year including festivals, fairs, concerts, and theatrical productions, while also being home to historical art exhibits, sporting events, garden activities and much more
- Advance, plan, service, and supervise events as assigned
- Schedule, direct and evaluate the work of contract staff on assigned events
- Provide leadership and guidance for 3rd party event personnel
- Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives and goals
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective, positive working relationships with lessees/clients, co-workers, part-time staff, contractors, and patrons/public
- Work a flexible schedule, including long nights, early mornings, weekends & holidays as needed
- Complete all duties with a customer service focus through teamwork & dedication to Spectra’s mission and principles.
- Assist in the preparation of building to meet the requirements of upcoming events
- Assist with the completion of pre-event financial estimates
- Assist with the completion of post-show event settlements
- Advise lessees on services available from independent and exclusive contractors for events
- Function as a liaison between users of the facility and the facility staff
- Recommend and evaluate required event staffing levels
- Work with lessee on event layout, providing feedback on crowd flow and requirements for each facility used
- Coordinate communication between contractor staff and event staff during load in and load out
- Investigate and resolve event-related complaints in a professional manner ensuring customer satisfaction
- Provides feedback to Events and Operations team on quality control- vendor efficiency and performance, food & beverage, park maintenance and attendance of events.
- Communicate with municipal officials, including police, fire and medical services, event staff and public to ensure security of patrons and events run smoothly
- Review emergency planning procedures with all event staff for each event
- Create and distribute detailed data sheets prior to every event
- Oversee parking plan and parking vendor for entire venue
- Serve as Manager on Duty as scheduled
- Liaise with Fair Park Campus members as needed
- Work with events team on the execution of all events are hosted at Fair Park.
- 3-5 years’ experience in event/sports management in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with major coursework in facility management, sports management, hospitality management, or related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, word processing, and Internet
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid drivers’ license and ability to be at work on time as required
- Knowledge of operational dynamics of events at public facilities
- Ability to identify the needs of users of the facility
- Knowledge of crowd management and control techniques
- Knowledge of customer service practices
- Demonstrated familiarity with facility use contracts
- General knowledge of fire and public safety regulations for public facilities
- Knowledge of facility operations and comfortable performing basic facility related tasks, including but not limited to: running extension cords, assist in troubleshooting HVAC or plumbing issues
- General knowledge of parking and valet operations
- Basic knowledge of A/V equipment
- Experience with budget preparation
- Familiarity with terminology used in entertainment/convention/public park settings
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.