*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The bartender provides ultimate hospitality for guests while ensuring all laws and regulations with respect to the safe and responsible service of alcoholic beverages are strictly adhered to.
- Answers menu questions posed by guests.
- Maintains knowledge of beverages and any food offerings or special menu items offered.
- Keeps current with all market trends and product knowledge; and able to execute both classic and modern spirituous beverage preparation techniques.
- Upsells to premium offerings of wine, beer and spirituous liquors.
- Observes guests behavior and cues that could indicate obvious signs of intoxication.
- Anticipates guests needs and completes all steps of service as assigned.
- Provides quick, attentive, friendly and professional service to guests while communicating in a clear and concise manner.
- Accurately records all sales in the POS
- Ensures food items are picked up and served immediately upon availability from the kitchen, bar, or other, as ordered by the guest.
- Ensures the quality and presentation meet or exceed the expectations of the guests.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards as necessary.
- Performs proper bar top maintenance and busses areas as needed.
- Stocks bar (ice, juices, glassware, etc.) as needed.
- Ensures and collects appropriate guest payment for food and beverage service.
- Maintains a professional and tidy appearance at all times.
- Communicates in a positive, respectful manner to both internal and external guests.
- Maintains compliance with all Texas State Liquor Laws.
- Must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events and varied schedules per business need.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Ability to communicate with team members, management staff and guest in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Ability to clearly communicate, read and write in English.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume bar, restaurant or nightclub is required.
- In-depth wine and alcohol knowledge preferred
- Must have a High School Diploma, G.E.D. or related Food Service Job Experience.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Texas Food Handlers Card, TABC Certification and other required compliance trainings.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.