*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Responsible for generating revenue through the sale of marketing partnerships across all business lines, including intellectual property rights, television, radio, signage, online, print, events, and promotions. This is a sales position without staff managerial responsibilities. Compensation will consist of base salary plus sales commission. This position will be responsible for achieving measurable financial results.
- Responsible for establishing new marketing partnerships to achieve annual revenue goals.
- Conduct cold calls as a way of securing appointments to sell local and national companies.
- Analyze specific marketing needs of prospects based on partner objectives, market strategies, category potential, activation potential and financials.
- Support and work closely with regional management and on-site local management.
- Effectively present proposals in front of individuals and large groups as needed.
- Develop meaningful business relationships with existing and potential sponsors.
- Communicate well across all areas of the company including accounting, marketing, community relations and ticket operations.
- Work closely with the Partnership Activation team to ensure that current clients receive superior service and complete fulfillment of every contract detail.
- Develops sales action plans to ensure hitting budget goals along with Partnerships team.
- Prospect, sell, cultivate, and maintain the corporate sponsorships for the venues in both new and renewal business and both cash and trade partnerships.
- Execute all aspects of corporate partnership fulfillment.
- Work with outside agencies to get all corporate partnerships signage created and placed.
- Create annual recaps for corporate partners, when applicable.
- Service all corporate sponsorships through various means including direct contact, newsletters, corporate partner gatherings, etc.
- Create new client initiatives to better serve the corporate partners and drive venue revenue.
- Design of sales proposals and presentations for potential corporate partners.
- Work with the marketing departments on opportunities to cross sell corporate partners.
- Work and attend events, promotions, and OVG Corporate Sales events.
- Bachelor degree or the equivalent training & experience.
- 7+ years of sales experience with emphasis in major league team sports, larger market media (TV, radio) and/or sponsorship sales.
- Proven track record of developing and managing highly strategic corporate partnerships; Strong prospecting, analytical, presentation and communication skills.
- Proven success in establishing and meeting challenging sales objectives in a high profile, competitive marketplace.
- Comfortable managing tight deadlines and meeting aggressive sales goals and expectations.
- Strong professional relationship skills; Ability to establish and maintain long-term strategic relationship with corporate clients, direct reports and co-workers.
- Must be a skilled negotiator with the ability to effectively represent the standards and philosophy of the department.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with Salesforce (CRM) is preferred
- Must be highly self-motivated and adept at working both independently and as part of a team.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including nights, events, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits.
- Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time.
- Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame.
- This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including but not limited to: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the facility/outside the facility to meet with clients/supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- The essential functions of this position are performed indoors. The noise level in the work environment can range from minimal to loud during events depending on the employee’s location and is minimal during non-event times.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories.
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply