*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Responsible for overall management, promotion, and operation of the facility, including booking, client relations, construction, purchasing, policy administration, marketing, finance, sales, food and beverage, box office, advertising, security, production, maintenance, and related operations for an Arena. This position is responsible for the development, coordination and management of all aspects and strategies for the arena’s entertainment, sporting and all other events. Gives direction to each department, as needed, through each department’s director and works in conjunction with Cumberland County, the County Managers office and the Board of Trustees of Cumberland County.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment, and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com.
- Arrange for and otherwise book Events at the Arena, develop and maintain relationships with reputable promoters, local market contacts, agents and talent affiliates to attract concerts, shows, entertainment events, etc
- Administration of specific plans and programs prescribed by corporate directives and client initiatives, to include: HR, Sales and Marketing, quality assurance, energy efficiency, safety/emergency procedures, crowd control and crisis management practices, community engagement and/or other areas as needed
- Generate for client/corporate in a timely manner financial and other reports detailing the arena activities
- Prepare a proposed annual Operating Budget and submit such proposed budget to client/corporate
- Oversee day to day operation, ensuring technical and staff resource needs for all events, oversees plans for allocating those resources, and successfully manages their efficient implementation.
- Oversee all capital improvement related projects inclusive of a long-term planning strategy.
- Ensure all agreements made regarding the Arena Facility are in compliance with the contract, state and federal law
- Provide final approval for all contracts and agreement
- Attend conferences and trade association meetings
Supervisory Job Functions:
Oversee and manage all aspects of the Facility staff, including but not limited to Operations, Marketing, Finance/Payroll, Security, Janitorial services, Box Office. Demonstrate leadership in words and actions, including training, assigning work, performance appraisal and corrective action, addressing issues head on. Liaison for Corporate and Cumberland County, in Portland, ME
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university in Business/Hospitality Management or related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years management experience in an Arena, Convention Center, Hotel or other similar public assembly facility
- The ability to research, develop and maintain relationships with artist agents, artist management as well as local, regional and national promoters.
- Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of event solicitation and presentation, public relations, advertising and media relations and event planning, facility operations, budget preparation and personnel management
- Ability to apply conflict resolution and problem-solving skills in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to express ideas clearly through both oral and written communication
- Superior Sales and Marketing skills
- Superior Operational and Event Management skills
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state or local laws and regulations
- Effectively work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER