The Event Management Trainee program is designed to accelerate the development for high-potential candidates. Trainees will work alongside industry professionals to develop new skills, strategies, and approaches to successfully manage a variety of sports and live entertainment events.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the sports, events, or hospitality industry and will be curious, creative, open-minded, and excited to work in a collaborative environment.
- Under the guidance of the management team, develop the operational plan for each assigned event
- Assist in the coordination of all aspects of event planning, event management, and event execution including site visits, setup, strike, load-in, load-out, creating event layout, on-site staffing plans, etc.
- Secure all necessary equipment for each assigned event
- Educate and manage event staff for each assigned event
- Assist with scheduling to ensure all assigned events are fully staffed
- Create and edit event information/communication briefings for internal and external teams
- Ensure all projects are up to standard and align with strategy, brand, and budget
- Represent organization positively with high level of professionalism and customer service at all events
- Perform other related or ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Experience working in sports, live events, or hospitality
- Must be organized, detail orientated, possess strong communication skills, and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly on feet
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, and climb stairs
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with no assistance
- Available to work flexible full-time hours, which may include weekends, holidays, evenings, and after business hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.