The Staff Accountant / Analyst will be responsible for analyzing financial statements and predicting the future performance of the company whilst maintaining and complying with accounting policies and procedures that ensure the highest level of efficiency, appropriate internal controls, and compliance with US GAAP. The Accounting Analyst will participate in routine activities, but not limited to, such as keeping track of company’s financial plan, analyzing the company’s performance alongside changes and market trends.
- Assist in the preparation of the financial reporting package for both internal and external purposes in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform variance analysis regarding significant changes in account balances.
- Participation in the month-end close processes, journal entry preparation, monthly expense accruals, account reconciliations, account analysis, etc.
- Preparation of various monthly/quarterly/semi-annual financial reports for senior management.
- Monitor and investigate gross margin variances/trends of open and closed events.
- Provide timely, accurate and insightful reporting and analysis on monthly and quarterly results against budget, plan, forecasts, and prior year.
- Investigate, analyze, and help develop solutions to address variances to plan.
- Create financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives, identify trends, risks, and potential areas for improvement. Examples Weekly Revenue Reports and Weekly Flash Reports, Job Costing, Internal resource planning and monitoring.
- On-going review of planned costs for accuracy and consistency.
- Identify and monitor key performance indicators specific to individual departments and provide high impact analysis to department managers. Examples Inventory use or frequency of use.
- Support Chief Financial Officer and other business leaders on special projects as required.
- Collaborate with IT Solution Analysts and Corporate financial reporting team in improving reporting and system applications.
- Ad hoc analysis to meet divisional and corporate needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of 3-4 years of progressive accounting experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to grasp understanding of business models quickly and independently
- Successful candidates need to have a demonstrated track record of positive results related to Financial Acumen, Competitive Analysis, Strategic Planning and Business Operations. Additionally, needs to demonstrate an understanding of key metrics that supports a successful team.
- Must have a strong background in financial analysis and modeling.
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask as well as work independently
- Must be able to maintain quality of work and at the same time meet multiple deadlines as required
- Must be a strong communicator coupled with the ability to maintain open communication with customers, internal employees and managers as needed
- Demonstrated proficiency with Advanced Excel, Access skills and PowerPoint
- Thorough planning and organization skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback and the ability to interact and partner with people at all levels and locations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.