Vice President of Operations - Coachella Valley Arena (Coachella Valley · CA)
- Oversee and provide strategic leadership to the Event Production department who are responsible for planning, coordinating and executing all events held at arena, including up to approximately 40 concerts/entertainment events, 40 AHL hockey sporting events, and 40 community/rental events each year
- Oversee and provide strategic leadership to the Maintenance and Custodial departments responsible for the effective cleanliness, safety & security, OSHA reporting, operation and maintenance of arena and related equipment
- Act as one of the primary Executives on Duty at all events held at arena
- Continually evaluates the quality of the fan experience by firsthand observation, objective feedback and interaction
- Use inspection reports, customer correspondence, feedback studies and pro-active actions to determine the level of satisfaction with our performance and service levels for internal and external fans
- In collaboration with other members of the leadership team, develop and foster integrated initiatives that promote the ultimate basketball and concert fan experience
- Oversee and lead major projects that impact arena such as building development and exclusive events
- Develop, manage, and execute the corporate capital plan for arena
- Develop and maintain close strategic partnerships and oversee issues that arise with external partners such as concessionaire, parking provider, third-party housekeeping, etc.
- Work closely with Ownership and Senior Leadership Team on initiatives that significantly affect strategic objectives of the organization
- Serve as a committed and responsible member of the Senior Leadership Team, contributing to the strategic planning process
- 10+ years’ experience in arena and/or stadium with oversight of facilities management, hospitality, or complex institutions with direct responsibility for supervising/directing staff across a wide-range of operating functions in a fast-paced environment (Building Ops, Concert & Event Productions, Food & Beverage Concessions, Security, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Hospitality or Facilities Management or other related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Previous experience in a venue with a professional sports team or a Division I college athletic tenant
- Possess all required licenses, training or certificates
- Previous experience working concerts, trade/consumer shows, and community events
- Experience with creating successful initiatives that focus on the fan experience
- Extensive knowledge and an understanding in all aspects of commercial construction and building maintenance
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills, a strategic thinker and planner with a proven track record of success in facility management
- Experience creating strategic directions for businesses, including the development of tactical details while maintaining a clear view of the big picture
- Proven record of developing and maintaining strong partnerships and collaborative spirit with peers in all lines of the business
- A strong record of personal and team achievement over his/her career with substantial personal contributions to the positive evolution of the business through innovative thinking and an ability to make things happen
- Solid experience in leading, motivating and developing employees
- Superior listening skills with a level of intellectual ability/agility
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization ahead of his/her own
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess previous experience with the construction/grand opening or major renovation of an arena or stadium
- Experience with large crowd management in a stadium or concert setting of a similar size (11,000+ seats) is highly desirable
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
- Frequent bending, lifting 25-35 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building
How many years have you worked in an Arena and/or Stadium?
What specific sports and entertainment venues have you worked? Please include names of venues
What experience do you have working with Ice (for hockey operations)?
Have you worked at an AHL or NHL Venue?