Vice President, Special Events - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
UBS Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Elmont · NY
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
Made for Music, Built for Hockey
About UBS Arena
UBS Arena is the first third-generation arena in New York and the new home for the New York Islanders. On the grounds of historic Belmont Park, UBS Arena is Made for Music and Built for Hockey; designed to deliver superior concert acoustics and unforgettable experiences for both music and hockey fans. UBS Arena will attract a roster of world- class artists and diverse music genres and expects to host more than 150 major events annually.
The Vice President – Special Events Programming is responsible for meeting and exceeding special event sales revenue goals through the confirmation of corporate/private events, graduations, partner functions, fundraising events, business meetings, community, and other events as needed throughout full UBS Arena at Belmont Park campus. The candidate must have existing and create new relationships with businesses, experiential agencies, production houses, community leaders, non-profit organizations, and other corporate and community entities in the New York City Metropolitan Area to activate all available clubs and event spaces at the arena. This position must be able to confirm and then effectively communicate plans and needs to the Event Services team for a high-level activation for clients and guests. Additionally, this position must assist with client fulfillment as needed, event proposals, event hospitality and client interaction throughout the year. The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
While you are here, you will:
- Identify, prioritize, and solidify key leads with corporate, partners, community, and non-profit organizations to confirm single and annual special events.
- Sell and activate spaces including the arena bowl, premium clubs, and outdoor campus as well as Belmont Hall restaurant.
- Work with Senior Vice President – Programming and Director - Programming to assist in hitting the Department’s yearly net revenue goals.
- Develop and present best-in-class event sales proposals and presentations to prospective clients.
- Build strong relationships with event clients to ensure long-lasting relationships.
- Contact accounts and maintain and develop relationship with event clients throughout the year to ensure personalized, continual contact and continued growth of events.
- Maintain database and add new database leads.
- Develop and implement plans to grow specific revenue streams
- Identify categories for prospective new special event leads.
- Work closely with other members of the UBS Arena, New York Islanders, and Oak View Group teams to achieve goals of organization while meeting and exceeding individual sales revenue goals.
What you need to be qualified:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 5-7 years of work experience in a sales environment. Experience in special events or related field preferred.
· Must be detail-oriented and organized.
· Communicate (both written & verbal) in a concise and effective manner.
· Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Sales and Customer Service experience is a plus
· Experience in managing or leading teams
· Strong track record of building strong and trusting relationships
· Knowledge on multiple technological platforms such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
Who you are:
· Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
· Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
· Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
· Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
· Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
Joining the team means:
· Experience & growth in a new fan first, top-of-the-line arena in the New York Metropolitan area
· Joining a culture of start-up mentality
· Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
· 401k eligibility
· Paid time off
The Fine Print
UBS Arena is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.