Part Time Groundskeeper - UBS Arena (Elmont · NY)
We are our hiring our Part Time Groundskeeper to join our Site Operations team. Our part time groundskeeper will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the UBS Arena property!
- Performs a variety of tasks to maintain and repair UBS Arena property
- Sweeps, cleans and picks up trash in landscaped areas, parking lots, docks, entrance areas and sidewalks
- Performs landscape maintenance duties such as mowing, trimming, applying pesticide and watering
- Ability to operate aerial lift to heights up to 50’
- Performs snow removal duties using light-medium duty vehicle with plow, skid steer, snow brush/blower or shovel, spread ice melting product.
- Empties trash containers and removes waste to appropriate areas
- Ensures the overall safety of the immediate work area as well as surrounding areas
- Pressure washes exterior areas.
- Clean and maintains shop areas and company vehicles in a neat and orderly condition.
- Operate cleaning equipment such as ride-on sweeper and/or stand-on scrubber.
- Assist with small maintenance repairs, sign repair, and changing of exterior lighting.
- Perform moderate painting tasks. (I.e.: painting bollards, line stripping, directional signage using stencils, etc.)
- Perform basic installation, repair, and maintenance of fencing.
- May operate motorized UTV or Golf Cart to haul debris.
- Always provide outstanding interior and exterior guest service
- Provides direction and assistance to Arena guests when asked
- Provides support and assistance to team members and other departments as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least one (1) year previous experience using outdoor maintenance equipment such as walk behind mowers, weed trimmers, and snow removal equipment.
- Must have at least one (1) year experience in diagnosing and performing routine maintenance/repair involving electrical, plumbing, fire suppression systems, patching minor-moderate masonry crack and asphalt repairs.
- Working knowledge of the safe handling and operation of equipment and materials used in landscape maintenance, snow removal and custodial duties
- Ability to work variable and/or rotating shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to understand simple verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to perform all the physical tasks involved in lifting, driving, sweeping, mowing and related exterior custodial/maintenance duties.
- OSHA 10 Certification or be willing to obtain certification within 180 days from date of hire
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
The Fine Print
UBS Arena is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All UBS Arena employees are required to be vaccinated for Covid-19. Per CDC guidelines, employees will be considered fully vaccinated pursuant to the following schedule: (1) two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (i.e., the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines); or (2) two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
Do you have previous experience working in maintenance at a large scale facility?
Do you have experience with various grounds maintenance equipment (landscaping, power washing, snow removal, etc.)?