We are currently hiring an Account Manager, Premium Service, which is a shared services role between the New York Islanders and UBS Arena. The ideal candidate must be an experienced premium sales and service professional who leads by example, possesses the ability to establish solid business relationships, maintains a professional attitude and maximizes opportunities to increase revenue potential, drive attendance and retention. The position is to be a key contributor to the Premium Service Team.
About the Team:
The New York Islanders Hockey Club is one of the most iconic franchises in professional sports, with a deeply passionate and loyal fanbase. The 2022-23 season marks the 50th Anniversary of Islanders hockey, and we are commemorating our history to propel us forward. Isles Nation celebrates four consecutive Stanley Cups in the 1980s, numerous all-stars and hall of famers, a state-of-the-art arena, millions raised for charities in our communities, and much more. We will add on to that legacy with the help of our diverse team that embodies what it means to be a part of the Blue & Orange.
About UBS Arena:
UBS Arena at Belmont Park is made for music and built for hockey. New York's newest premier entertainment and sports venueopened in November 2021 and has already welcomed numerous top artists, including Harry Styles, Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Kendrick Lamar, Post Malone and more. The venue delivers an unmatched live entertainment experience, including clear sightlines and premier acoustics. UBS Arena achieved carbon neutrality for operations in Fall 2022, which makes it the first arena to do so on the eastern United States seaboard.
While you are here, you will:
- Enhance relationships with new and existing premium members by creating and implementing unique service strategies and programs as a means of increasing retention rates and new business opportunities.
- Generate a predetermined minimum number of weekly connections with clients, “face-to-face” or Zoom meetings to enhance the level of customer care.
- Fulfill member requests and questions via phone, email, and face-to-face / Zoom interaction, as well as administer invoicing and payment processes.
- Manage member agreements by providing updates to contracts, account information and invoices as needed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for assigned clients and liaison for the premium department to the organization.
- Positively contribute to the sales and service culture by developing mutually beneficial working relationships with all UBS Arena and New York Islanders associates across various departments within the organizations.
- Participate and contribute to daily and/or weekly team meetings and training sessions.
- Manage premium spaces and high-end service deliverables during games and events
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
What you need to be qualified:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing, or a related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional sales and service experience, preferably in the sports & entertainment industry.
- Demonstrated ability to establish solid business relationships.
- Strong knowledge of sales strategies and service principles.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
Who you are:
- Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
- Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
- Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
- Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
Joining the team means:
- Experience & growth with an iconic NHL® franchise and top-of-the-line arena in the metropolitan market
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- 401k eligibility
- Paid time off
The Fine Print:
The New York Islanders and UBS Arena are both an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.