In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Server will be responsible for serving or handling food and beverages & exceptional guest service within one of the IMG Academy’s food outlets.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $15 to $20.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Serves meals to students, guests and staff according to standard operating procedures, working in a business casual environment.
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
- Communicates with food and beverage staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Reports to work as scheduled, in uniform, and ready to be in position.
- Does side work during non-busy hours.
- Speaks to guests with enthusiasm at all times.
- Develops relationships with guests.
- Provides the highest level of service in accordance with our standards.
- Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
- Clears and resets tables/work areas at conclusion of each course or end of shift.
- Preparing the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks;
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses;
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor;
- Assisting with special events as necessary
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Cheerful and helpful attitude with students, guests and staff
- Ability to cross-train and work in other areas of the academy
- Must successfully pass a nationally recognized Food Safety Manager Certification course and exam (where applicable based on city/county requirement)
- Must be able to meet any “Food Handlers” license/card training exam
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced organization
- A superior work ethic
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
- 1+ year of progressive work experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to scan and handle all merchandise
- Able to think quickly on the spot to resolve guest questions
- Ability to read labels and other product information
- Ability to read instructions, recipes, reports and information on computer screens, and to key information on computer and RF Unit keyboards
- Able to accurately handle cash register operations and cash transactions
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to place and arrange items on all shelves and racks on the sales floor
- Ability to move merchandise with appropriate equipment (e.g., tubs, carts, flats, etc.) to and from stockroom
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40lbs.
- Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Must be able to move around campus which includes gym, turf, fields, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug check upon offer