In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Ice Crew members will perform general labor duties as assigned. Duties included but not limited to ice maintenance and repair. Preparing the ice for professional hockey games and various touring ice shows.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $15.00.
For PT roles: Benefits: 401(k) savings plan and 401(k) matching.
- Assist in the preparation of ice with driver prior to the game or practice.
- Drill holes and set nets on ice prior to game and during intermissions.
- Shovel snow during and after periods on and off the ice.
- Set up rugs and rubber runners for anthem singers and special promotions on and off the ice.
- Assist other staff with making repairs and adjustments to boards and glass.
- Always deliver a high level of service to both internal and external customers.
- Always maintain open communication with Supervisor.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all information and issues worked with.
- Always maintain professional attitude and appearance.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned.
- May assist in various project work as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and write and to follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Job reliability, diligence, dedication, and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds, capable of occasionally performing heavy manual labor.
- Familiarity with the game of hockey and its terminology preferred.
- Prior hockey rink maintenance experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. on or off the ice.
- Ability to walk on wet and slippery surface.
- Ability to problem solve and think/act quickly when issues arrive.
- Ability and willingness to climb a stepladder up to 20 feet, or a mechanical lift to 50 feet.
- Ice skating ability preferred.
- Availability to work Friday, Saturday, and some Wednesday nights (5pm call time), along with Sunday afternoons (1pm call time) based on the Bridgeport Islanders game schedule. (morning hours available too on non-game days).
- Local candidates only.
- This position pays $15-$19 per hour based on experience.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work in a loud, fast-paced environment.