In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Fire Safety Officer position is responsible for the enforcement of the Chicago Fire Code throughout the McCormick Place campus. This position reports to the Life Safety Manager and will support the coordination of emergency responses and implementation of Emergency Operations Plans.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $26.92.
- Responsible for completing and enforcing all fire safety protocol and regulations.
- Must be able to use arms and hands to access the roof with a ladder as needed.
- Responsible for conducting facility inspections of catwalks, stairways, docks and roofs as instructed.
- Responsible for inspection of convention hall exhibits and investigating hazardous incidents that may occur and prevent them.
- Responsible for the delivering emergency medical care as needed.
- Responsible for assisting in the control of fires and all medical emergencies.
- Other Duties as assigned as needed.
- High School Diploma required.
- Degree in Emergency Management or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years as a first responder, code official or similar background which establishes familiarity with application of life safety code in a public setting.
- Must possess a State of Illinois Certification as a Firefighter II, and current State of Illinois Licensure as an EMT.
- Must have strong knowledge of fire protection systems, fire prevention codes, and hazardous material. Must be able to perform any basic Firefighting or EMS skills and be public relations oriented.
- Working knowledge with NFPA Life and Safety 101, Chicago Fire Code, International Fire Code and/or other widely accepted fire codes.
- Must be willing and able to work long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays around event driven schedules.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to make sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to take tasks that are not clearly defined and appropriately define problems and propose and implement solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.