In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Under general direction from the Box Office/Parking Manager, the Assistant Manager- Box Office/Parking assists the Box Office/Parking Manager in managing all aspects of the Box Office, Parking and Utility Services operations. The majority of the Assistant Box Office/Parking Manager’s time is spent on managing the Center’s 400 space parking deck and the event utility services operation. Box Office services are provided for less than a dozen events a year.
This role will pay an hourly wage of $15.81 to $19.76.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, selecting, training, motivating and evaluating event cashier personnel; assist in developing performance level standards and in providing or coordinating training accordingly; work with event cashier personnel to correct deficiencies; recommend appropriate disciplinary action
- Assists in the implementation of service delivery methods for all box office, parking and exhibitor service operations. Prepare various reports.
- Provide general information, directions and assistance to facility guests. Respond to inquiries from the public. Resolve customer service issues.
- Supervise the activities of employees engaged in providing box office services, parking, exhibitor services and utility services.
- Exercise direct supervision over event cashier personnel; communicate event information and duties to event cashier personnel and assign event related tasks; inspect work product to ensure that the highest levels of efficiency, accuracy and customer service are met
- Facilitate and enforce policies and procedures for all areas of functional responsibility
- Facilitate and enforce established accounting procedures related to the handling of all financial transactions in areas of functional responsibility
- Reconcile ticket sales, exhibitor service sales and parking deck sales information to cash receipts in accordance with established accounting procedures
- Manage cash/credit card reconciliation of daily sales and deposits
- Assist in developing revenue and expense projections for the parking, box office and service desk operations
- Provide additional support to cashiers as needed when traffic is heavy
- Perform other duties as required
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Computerized ticketing systems and modern box office practices
- Principles of supervision and training
- Principles of cash handling and PCI compliance.
- Customer Service practices
- Terminology used in entertainment and convention settings
- Relevant federal, state, and local regulations
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft office applications Word and Excel
- Plan, direct, and evaluate the work of subordinates
- Manage and reconcile large quantities of cash and tickets
- Maintain accurate financial records
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Analyze operational challenges, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement approved recommendations in support of organizational objectives
- Deal effectively with challenging customers and situations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users
- Stand for long periods of time and lift objects up to 30 pounds
- Work in an outside environment subject to adverse weather conditions
- Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) workdays and extended numbers of consecutive days
- Minimum of two (2) years of responsible experience in a cash and credit transaction setting in a box office, parking or similar cash transaction operation
Education / Training:
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, business administration or other related field (additional experience may be substituted for formal education)
Licenses or Certificates:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a current AED/CPR certificate of training
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Virginia driver’s license