In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
This Operations Manager - HVAC/Plumbing reports to the Director of Operations and is charged with directing, supervising/managing, and evaluating the HVAC/Plumbing maintenance team in the essential duties
ensuring the quality of services delivered to the clients meets and exceeds our standards and contractual obligations. The HVAC/Plumbing Manager has direct oversight of the HVAC Technician and Plumbing Technician personnel.
This role will pay a salary of $90,000 to $100,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
job expires 4/30/2024
- RESPONSIBILITIES including but not limited to:
- Assume management responsibility for maintenance services involved at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center including ensuring proper working condition of HVAC, electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems, and occasional grounds keeping and general trades’ tasks and associated equipment.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Assist in establishing and monitoring work performance and safety standards.
- Uphold all relevant federal, state and local building regulations including EEOC, FLSA, OSHA, NFPA, NEC and ADA regulations.
- Prioritize, plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for HVAC/Plumbing maintenance personnel; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; inspect work product of subordinates to ensure accuracy and timeliness of completion; meet with staff to review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures and to identify and resolve challenges
- Participate in the development and administration of the Operation budget; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary.
- Solicit and review cost estimates. Order supplies and materials for maintenance programs within budget guidelines; receive and maintain supplies relevant to HVAC and plumbing and associated equipment.
- Maintain cost records of work performed and prepare cost estimates as requested; prepare invoices for services rendered that are to be used in event settlement. Track, record and report labor allocations in
all areas of functional responsibility
- Maintain hazardous materials communication program, material Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and required records and permits; maintain knowledge of changes in pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an accurate record keeping system including a Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS).
- Prepare payroll work sheets in a timely manner for departmental personnel
- Coordinate necessary inspections with outside regulatory agencies (Fire, eddy current testing, Boiler, Insurance, backflow preventers etc.).
- Maintain ordering of proper supplies for HVAC/plumbing and show requirements in a timely manner. Research and recommend equipment, tools, materials and supplies to fulfill needs of HVAC/plumbing Department. Ensure proper supplies are maintained at all times for necessary repairs and projects.
- Maintain positive working relationships with service contractors, suppliers, utility companies and firms doing business with the KBHCC, to promote coordinated services to clients.
- Plan, coordinate, and communicate with other departments including KBHCC Event Services team and subcontractors (catering, parking, etc.) to ensure that the arrangements and services ordered by those departments are available when and where needed by the clients together with adequate staff to service these events.
- Assist in Preparation and implementation of the annual budget for the departments supervised. Provide recommendations for Capital Improvement Budget, Capital adds, 5-year plan and yearly operational budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage, supervise, and counsel the maintenance facilities team. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning assigning and directing work, establishing performance standards and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirement listed below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Strong ability to work well with others, independently and in a team environment with a positive attitude, and strong customer service. Must be familiar with OSHA requirements and standards.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of twelfth grade and vocational training with specialized training in the HVAC or plumbing maintenance field or related building systems. Minimum of 5 years of experience in HVAC or plumbing
trade or related building systems, and knowledge. Also, required 2 years supervisor experience.
- Demonstrated skill in managing multiple functions and interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and a commitment to team results are required. Knowledge of current practices in the maintenance field.
- WORK SCHEDULE:
Ability to work various workdays and hours to meet business needs including early/late hours, long days, weekends and holidays. Must be reliable and punctual.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS :
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write daily logs, routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS:
Possession of HVAC and/or Plumbing Tradesman license. Possession of, or ability to obtain: R410a Certification; one or more Texas Tradesman licenses; a current CPR certificate; Texas driver’s license.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or control. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, or crawl. The employee must be
able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- COMPUTER SKILLS:
Ability to proficiently utilize Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). Ability to learn Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) and Building Automation System
- OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to demonstrate technical expertise in the fields of sheet metal, ductwork, low-voltage and wiring diagrams, carpentry, welding, and general maintenance. Ability to
demonstrate administrative skills and Project Management Techniques
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts (the machinery they operate) and is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate.