The VP of Human Resources is responsible for all aspects of OCG360 Human Resource operations at PPG Paints Arena, as well as administration of all facility benefit programs, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory compliance, collective bargaining agreement compliance, employee recruitment and selection, employee retention and development, policy and procedure implantation and interpretation, risk management and safety, and employee relations. The VP of HR will assist and provide strategic support to the facility management team and work closely with the VP - Finance and Sr. VP/General Manager at PPG Paints Arena. Additionally, the VP-HR is to provide support to OVG360 Corporate Human Resources in the administration of all programs, consistent with OVG360 policies
This role will pay a salary of $100,000 to $120,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
job expires 4/30/2024
• Follows OVG360 Human Resources policies to assure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions including wage and hour regulations, CBA compliance, FMLA, HIPPA, FLSA, I-9 tracking, in conjunction with corporate HR department.
• Administers various Human Resources plans and procedures for all facility personnel.
• Performs robust recruitment process and activities, coordinating with each department to establish appropriate staffing levels, conducting job fairs, and managing job postings. Oversee and assist with screening, interviewing, selection, on-boarding/new employee orientations, and employee retention processes.
• Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
• Coordinates training or trains Managers in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance management, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment. Coordinates training or trains employees in PPG Paints Arena/OVG360 Customer Service Training.
• Support managers and supervisors with all employee relations issues including performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans, conflict resolution, and investigations. Advises and recommends to management appropriate resolution of employee relations issues in accordance with CBA’s, if applicable.
• Advises the corporate office of EEOC complaints and other employee relations problems.
• Responds to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
• Administers performance review and salary administration program.
• Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
• Responsible for investigating workplace injuries, prepare incident/claim reports to insurance carrier, and execute return to work plans.
• Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
• Work every 3-4 events, including nights, weekends, and holidays to provide support to event employees.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations or related field
• Familiarity with the hospitality industry/venue management and training programs
• Minimum of 10+ years of HR Manager level or above of experience and recognized certification in HR field, preferred
• Minimum 10+ years of labor union experience
• Strong supervisory experience and project management are highly desirable.
• Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum qualifications may be substituted.
Directly supervises administrative employees in the Human Resources Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with OVG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Solid knowledge of personnel administration principals and practices
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written & oral communications, comfortable with public speaking, and strong organizational skills
• Excellent computer skills required
• Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related local, state and federal regulations required
• Will work closely with executives, directors, managers, supervisors, front line employees, subject matter experts and consultants
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in MS Office programs