We are our hiring our Engineer. The Engineer reports to the Chief Engineer and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of UBS Arena’s physical plant. This role involves the timely and efficient completion of preventative maintenance tasks, reactive repairs, and supervision and operation of equipment. The Engineer is expected to work independently and professionally across multiple skilled disciplines to support a world class Arena guest experience. Core competencies include but are not limited to chiller and boiler plant control and optimization, HVAC and refrigeration, building management system (BMS) controllers and software, plumbing equipment, fixtures and piping, electrical systems supervision, and fire protection equipment testing and maintenance. In addition to these areas of focus, the Engineer is expected to maintain all mechanical equipment rooms, telecom rooms and electric closets to the highest standards of safety and cleanliness. This position will be represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
This role will pay a salary of $50.99.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
job expires 3/31/2024
· Maintain the overall appearance, general operation, and repair of the facility’s mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire & life safety systems.
· Operate and maintain Arena chillers, boilers, ice plant, cooling towers, pumps, air handling units, fan coil units, VAVs, exhaust fans, restrooms and associated Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, fire protection and low voltage infrastructure.
· Monitor and control the Building Management System to ensure that all setpoints and facilities requirements are achieved as directed.
· Complete reactive tasks during events such as drain cleaning, restroom repairs, leak repairs and cleanup, and setpoint adjustments to support New York Islanders hockey games, Arena Concerts, and other Arena Events.
· General upkeep and cleanliness of all Equipment Rooms, including dusting and mopping floors, painting of walls, piping, ductwork and other infrastructure as directed.
· Embrace technology, including taking ownership over the Arena’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and directing the efficient completion of work.
· Comply UBS Arena policies, including safety, job performance and personal conduct.
· Assist with proper operation of the ice plant serving the New York Islanders game ready ice floor.
· Maintain engineering logbook and building certificates and compliance documentation.
· Ensure the Engineering & Maintenance team successfully completes all preventative maintenance and repair work orders of all building systems and equipment.
· Assist with coordinating with external vendors and contractor personnel - making sure that work is performed up to job specifications and UBS Arena standards.
· Work in a client-focused manner with other Arena departments to accomplish work orders and exceed expectations for quality of work.
· Effectively communicate with all Engineering team members to accomplish projects and tasks.
· Participate in a healthy and supportive culture amongst the Engineering & Maintenance team.
· Ensure tools and equipment are in good repair and properly stored.
· 5 years of experience as an Operating Engineer. Experience in a large facility/venue with significant public/guest occupancy with high expectations for aesthetics and guest experience.
· Ability to function independently in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
· Willingness to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
· Must be comfortable working with the public and have strong interpersonal and communications skills
· LEED Green Associate / LEED AP and/or experience in a LEED-Accredited building or campus.
· Experience with substantially sized chilled water plants, boiler plants, and fan plants.
· Experience with ammonia refrigeration preferred.
· Significant experience in a mission-critical facility.
· Personal interest in the application of the latest energy sustainability best-practices and a respect for our environment.
· Strong computer skills, especially Building Management Systems and CMMS products.
· Interpersonal skills that enable easy establishment of good relationships with other UBS Arena departments, employees, union business agents and vendors.
· Experience working closely with multiple building trades, including electricians, plumbers, carpenters, and painters.
· Ability to be agile and flexible with expectations and direction.
· Ability to problem solve and make decisions that adhere to the purpose, mission, and goals of UBS Arena.
· Ability to work with integrity, discretion, and a professional approach.
· Effective communication skills.
· Experience with supervision, budget management and project management.