In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
We are hiring a Director, Partnership Solutions. If you are passionate about building your career in the sports & entertainment industry, then we want to get to know you.
Our Game Plan
The individual hired will work out of the corporate office in NYC on Solutions and Strategy initiatives for OVG Global Partnerships; the sponsorship and marketing arm of Oak View Group (OVG). Suitable for the role are story tellers, creative and commercially aggressive professionals who have a desire to create as well as build world-class partnerships and solutions for sports & entertainment properties to support the sales process. This person will be instrumental in the development of creative ideas, thought-starters, partnership packages and presentations for new business pitches to help OVG and the New York Islanders achieve their aggressive revenue goals. The New York Islanders Hockey Club is one of the most iconic franchises in professional sports with a deeply passionate and loyal fanbase.
This role will pay a salary of $110,000 to $135,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
job expires 3/31/2024
- Creatively package partnership platforms for prospective brands.
- Gain consensus and approval cross-departmentally on deal points and new assets
- Build proposals and presentations within PowerPoint and create P&L’s within excel that align with rate cards and investment ranges.
- Ability to pitch creative vision of sponsorship opportunities to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with Business Intelligence on fan insights, measurement and asset performance to influence decision-making.
- Identify and develop new inventory opportunities and activation concepts.
- Lead asset management and rate card analysis
- Perform other functions as assigned.
- Potential, but minimal, travel outside of New York may be required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate and/or graduate studies in marketing, business, sports management
- Minimum 7-9 years of experience in sports, venues or entertainment with demonstrated creative development, project management, and leadership skillsets
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, especially PowerPoint, working knowledge of Photoshop is preferred but not required.
- Innovative thinker that is kind-of-obsessed attitude to new vendors and sellable opportunities that can enhance the fan experience.
- Self-starter with ability to work as a team, run independently and have attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, have strong interpersonal skills and healthy curiosity.