The Public Safety Manager will liaison with our internal Event Management Department as well as the external Show Organizers to ensure safety and security protocols are in place for each event occurring at McCormick Place. In doing so, this position is responsible for receiving, appraising, and maintaining the required event security plans from each Show Organizer.
This role will pay a salary of $75,000 to $100,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaison with Event Management and Show Organizers to ensure a safe and secure environment for all McCormick Place visitors and attendees.
- Oversees the preparation and distribution of security planning materials to customers.
- Maintain tracking system for the timely receipt of Event Physical Security Plans from Show Organizers as required in the facility lease agreements.
- Liaisons with Show Management, Third Party Security Providers and Event Management Department regarding event security planning, facility requirements and industry best practices.
- Provides monthly detailed summary/synopsis for on-campus security meeting with CPD and Hotels.
- Establishes quality control measures to ensure security plans are submitted correctly and e —filed in the event business management software (EBMS).
- Ensures that staffing needs for exclusive services (CPD, K9, etc.) have been provided to appropriate entity for scheduling purposes.
- Meet weekly with Assistant Director for sign off of Security Plans.
- Manages Campus Event Calendar ensuring it is updated weekly.
- Liaison with District 001 to provide any show concerns and receive District Summaries.
- Interfaces with contract security companies to ensure they remain registered and authorized to work onsite.
- Provides Shows with details for security companies not currently authorized to work on campus and provides necessary connections for those companies to become registered and authorized.
- Attends and participates in weekly Production Meetings.
- Attends and reports Security Plan submission status at PreCons/Pre-Event Meetings.
- Audit shows to ensure compliance with The Plan that was submitted.
- Develops and distributes Security Event Manifest to Staff, Security Officers and Contract Security for the specific show including examples of Show badging.
- Manages scheduling of and signs off on invoicing of contracted K9 company.
- Manages compliance of Armed Security Companies/Armed Detail used for events.
- Assists with event risk assessments.
- Assists with the ID Office when necessary.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
This position manages the Public Safety Assistant Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position relies on confidentiality of information and information should only be shared with permission of the department head. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree related field preferred or equivalent years' work experience.
- Two (2) years security experience preferably in a similar environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with external and internal stakeholders.
- Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment and initiative.
- Professional in appearance and actions.
- Superior customer service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in all Microsoft Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long hours, use hands to handle files, type and operate office machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle office correspondence.
Hours of Work and Travel Requirement
Must be able to work a flexible schedule. No travel required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.