In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Are you interested in a career opportunity in a fast-paced environment where something new awaits with each day? If so, we welcome your enthusiasm to join our team of dedicated event and venue professionals who provide world-class experiences to our guests and clients for all types of events.
The Director of Finance plans and directs all aspects of financial, accounting, purchasing, and internal control functions for the venue by performing the following duties, personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Director of Finance directly supervises the Finance Department and Box Office employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Oak View Group’s policies and applicable laws. Other responsibilities include overseeing the interviewing, hiring of fulltime employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This role will pay a starting salary of $125,000 to $135,000 (depending on qualifications) and is eligible for a discretionary bonus up to 10%.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
This job closes on 12/29/2023
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and policies and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with all provisions of the management contract.
- Maintains contact with Risk Management Department and Insurance broker for coordination of appropriate coverage.
- Reviews all contracts for client, events, subcontractors, food and beverage or concessionaires.
- Reviews and/or prepares event settlements.
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
- Oversee food and beverage accounting
- Oversee payroll and HR functions in the venue.
- Prepare appropriate state and local tax returns to be filed timely
- Prepares financial statements for the Client and Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Coordinates preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level or as department head.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required. Must work nights and weekends if required.
- Be a business partner with other departments insuring financial success of the venue.
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting.
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Must pass background and credit check per guidelines
- Experience with ADP payroll, and Sage accounting preferred.
- Industry experience is preferred.
- CPA or MBA a plus