In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Catering Director oversees all catering and event operations provides support and assistance with Catering activities as well providing assistance to the concession managers in the profitable management of concessions operations, as needed. The Catering Director will independently initiate and authorize all employment actions such as hiring, termination, suspension, discipline, promotion and transfer. The Catering Director will actively and independently manage all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment.
The Catering Director will oversee and collaborate with C-Type clientel as well as Alameda County Fair Event Coordinators and Director of Events. Comunication and timliness of correspondance is crucial in this position.
The Catering Director will provide oversight and resolution responsibility for employee performance issues. The Catering Director must provide a high level of event oversight, technical proficiency and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth running of any assigned event. A critical function of the Catering Director will be to actively mentor, train and help employees and volunteers meet company quality standards. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which to evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong technical (computer and POS) aptitude required.
This role will pay a salary of $70,000 to $80,000.
For FT roles: Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 401(k) matching, and paid time off (vacation days, sick days, and 11 holidays).
- Drives the overall effective management of Catering operations and assits in concessions operations.
- Ensures total compliance with all alcohol service policies. Monitors alcohol service throughout event to assure 100% compliance with Alcohol Service policies. Reports any alcohol service or compliance issues to management immediately.
- Provides on-going direction, supervision and mentoring to hourly event staff. Monitor product quality and ensure high level of guest service.
- Assists in troubleshooting technical problems with Point of Sale Systems, from both a hardware and software perspective.
- Assists in vault opening, closing and balancing, as necessary.
- Generates event employee schedules and verifies employee time as required.
- Assist in the on-going training, development, mentoring and supervision of hourly employees, as directed by department managers; responsible for completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice.
- Oversees the management of catered events from set-up to tear down, including handling all communication with hourly staff, culinary staff and guests.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or 2-3 years in related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.\
- three to five (3-5) years of experiefcne in catering or consessions
- Concessions Manager Certificate from the National Association of Concessionaires.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
- Familiar with inventory cost control and menu planning.
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook, Schedule+.
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems.
- Cash handling abilities; basic math skills including significant number manipulation.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.